The simFlight Network Forums

Issues with 4 throttles

chickster25

Hi John

I have upgraded my Logitech throttles so now I have 2 throttle quadrants with 6 levers - 1x spoiler, 4x throttle, and 1x flaps. Windows detects the existing quadrant as part of the logitech yoke, with the new quadrant detected as a USB quadrant. The USB quadrant is now the first device, with throttles 1 & 2. The 'Yoke' quadrant' has throttle 3 & 4. Each throttle lever is set to move independently (not move all 4 together)

I have tried to configure the throttles for a 4 engine aircraft, so when using a 737, I am only using the first two levers. Also, when I bring the levers down to the bottom (red zone) then they should work as reverse thrust.

I am having some issues with the PMDG 737. The issue is intermittent as when I first load the aircraft and increase thrust via my logitech levers, they appear to be moving the in-game reverse thrust levers instead of the throttles. If I move them up and down a bit more or one at a time, the game then appears to detect them as throttles and they work correctly. There seems to be a clash between what the game is doing with this config, until it sorts itself out.

Once in the air, the throttles work for power, although the reverse levers are 'flicking about' when I move the lever, even though I am nowhere near the zero (or minus) lever position.

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log

3 hours ago, chickster25 said:

I am having some issues with the PMDG 737. The issue is intermittent as when I first load the aircraft and increase thrust via my logitech levers, they appear to be moving the in-game reverse thrust levers instead of the throttles. If I move them up and down a bit more or one at a time, the game then appears to detect them as throttles and they work correctly. There seems to be a clash between what the game is doing with this config, until it sorts itself out.

I see no profile for the PMDG 737 in your FSUIPC7.ini file. You should create a separate new profile for this aircraft and also make sure the calibration is profile-specific.
Sometimes FSUIPC calibration can cause issue with PMFG aircraft, in which case you should make sure that you have a profile-specific calibration section (otherwise general calibration will be applied) and clear/reset the throttle calibration in that profile.

Also check your MSFS assignments - you should either assign in MSFS or FSUIPC7, not both.

3 hours ago, chickster25 said:

Once in the air, the throttles work for power, although the reverse levers are 'flicking about' when I move the lever, even though I am nowhere near the zero (or minus) lever position.

This sounds like you either have dual assignments (MSFS & FSUIPC) or FSUIPC's calibration is interfering and should be removed.

John

Hi John

Thanks for the reply. I did have a 737 profile but seems its been lost either when i added the new quadrant or updated the version.

Anyway i have added a new profile and have checked that there are no conflicting settings in MSFS controls (there are not)

I am finding that when the levers are in the neutral position or when I reduce throttle, the engine covers show in the reverse position. This should not happen as I have reverse set as a button (which is the furthest down position of the lever). Hope that makes sense.

So I am wondering if it is something to do with the button config that I am using for reverse thrust? The image shows the button set for throttle1 lever, I have the same settings for throttle 2 button.  I got it off the forum but wonder if the settings should be different to what I have?

reverse1.JPG

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log

It is not related to your button config.

Now you have multiple assignments to throttle 1 & 2:

3=AU,256,F,67103,67110,0,0    -{ TO SIM: THROTTLE1_AXIS_SET_EX1, THROTTLE2_AXIS_SET_EX1 }-

8=FY,256,D,9,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle1 }-
9=FZ,256,D,10,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2 }-

This can be problematic - only have one assignment to each throttle. Assign either to Throttle1 & 2 using Direct to FSUIPC calibration, or to Axis Throttle1/2 set with Send to FS as normal axis.

But your issue is because you have calibrated with a reverse zone - try calibrating with no reverse zone if using a button for reverse.

Also, can you update to the latest beta (I will release this within the next day or two) as this will help with some other issues I see in your log, available here: 

John

21 hours ago, John Dowson said:

But your issue is because you have calibrated with a reverse zone - try calibrating with no reverse zone if using a button for reverse.

Hi John

thanks for your help with this. I am a little confused with this advice, as when I calibrate I only take the lever to the zero position, which registers at -16384. This is not the bottom of the lever slot where the button detection (for reversers) is. There is a gap between zero and the bottom where button detection takes place, so there should be no conflict. 

57 minutes ago, chickster25 said:

I only take the lever to the zero position, which registers at -16384. This is not the bottom of the lever slot where the button detection (for reversers) is. There is a gap between zero and the bottom where button detection takes place, so there should be no conflict. 

But this is the bottom of the axis, i,.e., no axis values below this. This is your calibration (from page 3 of the axis calibration tab - take a look there):

Throttle1=-16380,-512,512,16380
Throttle2=-16380,-512,512,16380

So you have your axis range from -16380 to -512 calibrated for reversers, -512 to + 512 for idle, and 512 to 16380 for forward thrust.
If you are not using reversers on an axis, you need to check the No Reverse Zone checkbox (top-left of the calibration tab in page 3) and calibrate for this.

The No Reverse Zone applies to the axis range, not the button.

Why don't you just try this as advised?