The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 keeps crashing

BigRalph01

Good afternoon. In the past week I have experienced the program crash about 3 or 4 times during taxi out or takeoff while recording a virtual airline flight. On at least two occasions I noticed the program crash after pressing the hotkey to activate the RAAS lua function. When the program crashes, my VA ACARS program would stop responding, thus negating the flight.

Unfortunately I am unable to force close FSUIPC7 via the task bar icon as it is frozen. When I pull up the task manager (CTL+ALT+DEL), the program is not there. When I try to open the application via the app icon, it says the program is open and only then does the program show in the task manager; but that too does not allow me to force close it. They only way to exit the program is to exit the sim (frustratingly).

I've never had a problem with your software until recently. I believe I am running SU12 beta, so that may be the culprit.

I do not know how to find the logs to provide with this post. Please advise.

I cannot help with issues with SU12 beta as I do not yet have this installed. Make sure that you are using the latest release (7.3.17), or the latest beta available here:

If you get the same issue, please show me your FSUIPC7.log (with lua debug logging activated) and FSUIPC7.ini files, as well as your RAAS lua script. 

5 minutes ago, BigRalph01 said:

I do not know how to find the logs to provide with this post. Please advise.

Log and ini files are located in your FSUIPC7 installation folder. If you don't know where that is, use the File->Open Installation folder option from the FSUIPC7 main menu.

John