The simFlight Network Forums

BlackSquare Bonanza Mixture

xkoote

Hello,

I am having a slight issue with the A36's Mixture controls. I do have it working finally with the following line;

3=AV,256,F,65919,0,0,0,*-1    -{ TO SIM: MIXTURE1_SET }-

However, the lever operates through its full range only in the upper half of the physical axis range. ( 0 to -16384 or to 16384 because it is reversed). I would like to add resolution by allowing the full 32k physical range to adjust the axis in SIM. I tried going through scaling for advanced users by for example changing it to this;

3=AV,256,F,65919,0,0,0,*-1,+16384    -{ TO SIM: MIXTURE1_SET }-

but that only moves the movement from one half to the other. Is there a way to force full resolution onto the SIM axis?

Cheers,

Xander

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xkoote said:

However, the lever operates through its full range only in the upper half of the physical axis range. ( 0 to -16384 or to 16384 because it is reversed).

This sounds strange - what do you see in the In and Out boxes in FSUIPC's axis Assignment window? Maybe you need to calibrate the axis in windows calibration first?

1 hour ago, xkoote said:

I tried going through scaling for advanced users by for example changing it to this;

3=AV,256,F,65919,0,0,0,*-1,+16384    -{ TO SIM: MIXTURE1_SET }-

but that only moves the movement from one half to the other. Is there a way to force full resolution onto the SIM axis?

If you want to use scaling to do this, then try with
    3=AV,256,F,65919,0,0,0,*-2,-16384
(or maybe *-2,+16384)

John

John,

processing the axis through the calibration did it. Before that I tried every possible combination of what was suggested above with differing results. Non satisfactory. I then processed the axis and viola. So it was completely my bad. I was under the mistaken assumption that the "Send to FS as normal axis" required no processing. But I was wrong. Thanks again.

On the topic of the Bonanza, it seems Black Square have a different setup for the turbo variant. The axis is controlled via an Lvar "L:BKSQ_MixtureLeverPosition_1" with the values as ,percent. If I execute this calculator code for example;

50 (>L:BKSQ_MixtureLeverPosition_1, Percent)

FSUIPC will place the mixture lever to 50%. 

Searching through the advanced users document, it wasn't clear to me how I can map this Lvar to an axis, so that axis position can correlate with the percentage.

Can this be done?

2 hours ago, xkoote said:

Can this be done?

Yes, but you need to use a lua script. You need to assign the axis to Send to FSUIPC Offset with Offset Dword Set and use an offset free for general use (e.g. 0xA000). In your lua script, which should be auto-ran (preferably in a profile [Auto] section), you can use the event.offset function which will set a handling function to be called when you move the axis lever, and in the handling function you can calibrate the value (i.e. convert the axis input value, passed as a parameter to the function) to a percentage value, and then set that value in the lvar using the ipc.writeLvar function.

It should be straightforward but if you are new to lua and have issues then I can help you with this. See the FSUIPC Lua Library document in how to use these lua functions, and there are plenty of examples out there,

There is an easier way...

You can create a preset for this and assign to that - add the following to a file called myevents.txt in your FSUIPC7 installation folder (create this if it doesn't exist):

BSBonanzaMixtureAxis#100 $Param 16384 + * 32768 / (>L:BKSQ_MixtureLeverPosition_1)

Then in the axis assignment dialog, check the Select for Preset checkbox and then assign to the preset BSBonanzaMixtureAxis.

Note that preset calculator code assumes your raw axis values go from -16384 to +16384 - you can adjust if that is not the case.

3 hours ago, John Dowson said:

You can create a preset for this and assign to that - add the following to a file called myevents.txt in your FSUIPC7 installation folder (create this if it doesn't exist):

BSBonanzaMixtureAxis#100 $Param 16384 + * 32768 / (>L:BKSQ_MixtureLeverPosition_1)

Then in the axis assignment dialog, check the Select for Preset checkbox and then assign to the preset BSBonanzaMixtureAxis.

Note that preset calculator code assumes your raw axis values go from -16384 to +16384 - you can adjust if that is not the case.

Where is the "Select for Preset" checkbox? I only have checkboxes for "Send Direct to FSUIPC Calibration", "Send to FS as Normal Axis", or "Send to FSIUPC Offset"

8 minutes ago, zfehr said:

Where is the "Select for Preset" checkbox? I only have checkboxes for "Send Direct to FSUIPC Calibration", "Send to FS as Normal Axis", or "Send to FSIUPC Offset"

Top right, below This side to send button controls. This was added to enable presets to be sent presets for button controls, but presets can also be assigned to an axis when this is checked.

If you can't see this checkbox, then your version of FSUIPC is out-of-date. The latest version is 7.3.17, and I will be releasing 7.3.18 later today. I recommend that you update to this version once released.

5 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Top right, below This side to send button controls. This was added to enable presets to be sent presets for button controls, but presets can also be assigned to an axis when this is checked.

If you can't see this checkbox, then your version of FSUIPC is out-of-date. The latest version is 7.3.17, and I will be releasing 7.3.18 later today. I recommend that you update to this version once released.

I have 7.3.17 and will watch for update. I appreciate your work.

42 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Do I need to set a value(s) in the range selection boxes?

Total success with selecting the box for "Select for Preset". Now to find a working lvar for their prop heat and fuel pump, the standard assignments don't animate the switch for prop heat but the amps move indicating it's working.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 12:12 PM, John Dowson said:

John,

that sounds easy enough as I already have that file with various entries. And what is written above makes total sense. I'll update and add the entries as soon as I'm back. Hope the doggies enjoyed their walk. Thanks for the support.

16 hours ago, zfehr said:

Total success with selecting the box for "Select for Preset". Now to find a working lvar for their prop heat and fuel pump, the standard assignments don't animate the switch for prop heat but the amps move indicating it's working.

Tell me about it 🙂 It's a royal pain to get proper functionality.

16 hours ago, zfehr said:

Now to find a working lvar for their prop heat and fuel pump, the standard assignments don't animate the switch for prop heat but the amps move indicating it's working.

If its working except for the visuals, it may use a hvar (html variable type) - you would need to look at the xml code to see how it is defined. Its not possible to scan for hvars I'm afraid.

Presume this aircraft is quite new as it doesn't appear in the MF HubHop preset list yet. Maybe worth checking and/or asking about this on the MF discord server if you can't find anything.

• Like 2

John,

the axis is active. Thanks a million. one last thing, for my Bravo, the lever is reversed at the moment. What needs to change in the MyEvents entry to reverse the movement? I tried different variations of the values in the string but to no avail. Thanks.