The simFlight Network Forums

fsuipc 4.977 CTD

*** Moved from FAQ sub-forum to main support forum ***

hi. this is very frustrating. when fsx-se is running with fsuipc 4.977 installed my sim crashes to desktop. please advise how to fix. i'm not techy, at all though. thanks.

mike

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to main support forum

First, you posted in the FAQ sub-forum where it explicitly states Not for support requests. Please post in the correct place if you require help.

7 hours ago, MIKE MCCARTHY said:

i guess there's no help here. thanks.

You seem rather impatient...it was around 9pm (here) on a Saturday night when you first posted, and then follow up with this 4 hours later.... Support here is pretty quick, but certainly not 24/7...

12 hours ago, MIKE MCCARTHY said:

hi. this is very frustrating. when fsx-se is running with fsuipc 4.977 installed my sim crashes to desktop. please advise how to fix.

Can you please show me you FSUIPC4.log and FSUIPC4.ini files, and also your InstallFSUIPC4.log file. I will take a look at them tomorrow.

John

Also, this is usually due to a corrupt weather file.  Try disabling weather by setting 

NoWeatherAtAll=Yes

to the [General] section of your FSUIPC4.INI file. If this solves it then either your wxstationlist.bin file is corrupt, or one of the .wx files saved with scenarios is bad.
To resolve this, delete all of the .WX files from your FS Documents folder (where your flights are stored), and the file "wxstationlist.bin" in your <user>\AppData\Roaming folder for FSX.

If that is not the issue, then this can be due to a corrupt FSX installation, most probably in SimConnect. You can try verifying the installation in the Steam client.

Otherwise, please show me those files as requested.

John

• 3 months later...
On 3/19/2023 at 2:16 AM, John Dowson said:

First, you posted in the FAQ sub-forum where it explicitly states Not for support requests. Please post in the correct place if you require help.

You seem rather impatient...it was around 9pm (here) on a Saturday night when you first posted, and then follow up with this 4 hours later.... Support here is pretty quick, but certainly not 24/7...

Can you please show me you FSUIPC4.l i only knowog and FSUIPC4.ini files, and also your InstallFSUIPC4.log file. I will take a look at them tomorrow.

John

john. thanks, but i have no idea how to find what you asked for. i am not techy, at all. i only know my fsx-se ctd after running sim for like 5 seconds.

mike

That is the ini file. The log file will be in the same folder. If you cannot see it, you have windows explorer set to hide the extensions of know file types - change this setting in the windows explorer settings to see the file extensions.

And, as I said, usually CTDs on start-up are due to corrupt weather files. You can check to see if this is the issue by setting 

NoWeatherAtAll=Yes

to the [General] section of your FSUIPC4.INI file. Please read my previous comment....

John

10 hours ago, John Dowson said:

That is the ini file. The log file will be in the same folder. If you cannot see it, you have windows explorer set to hide the extensions of know file types - change this setting in the windows explorer settings to see the file extensions.

And, as I said, usually CTDs on start-up are due to corrupt weather files. You can check to see if this is the issue by setting 

NoWeatherAtAll=Yes

to the [General] section of your FSUIPC4.INI file. Please read my previous comment....

John

HUH? ho bout making a program that doesnt ctd on fsx-se?

6 minutes ago, MIKE MCCARTHY said:

HOPE THIS HELPS.

MIKE

FSUIPC4.log 2.87 kB · 0 downloads

12 hours ago, MIKE MCCARTHY said:

HUH? ho bout making a program that doesnt ctd on fsx-se?

If the issue is with a corrupt weather file, the problem is in the Simconnect SDK libraries provided by microsoft that read this file. We cannot do anything about this in FSUIPC.

Did you try adding that ini parameter, as advised?

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2023 at 5:00 AM, John Dowson said:

Also, this is usually due to a corrupt weather file.  Try disabling weather by setting 

NoWeatherAtAll=Yes

to the [General] section of your FSUIPC4.INI file. If this solves it then either your wxstationlist.bin file is corrupt, or one of the .wx files saved with scenarios is bad.
To resolve this, delete all of the .WX files from your FS Documents folder (where your flights are stored), and the file "wxstationlist.bin" in your <user>\AppData\Roaming folder for FSX.

If that is not the issue, then this can be due to a corrupt FSX installation, most probably in SimConnect. You can try verifying the installation in the Steam client.

Otherwise, please show me those files as requested.

John

sorry; but fsx doesnt appear in that path user/ appdata/ roaming

On 6/27/2023 at 1:46 AM, John Dowson said:

If the issue is with a corrupt weather file, the problem is in the Simconnect SDK libraries provided by microsoft that read this file. We cannot do anything about this in FSUIPC.

Did you try adding that ini parameter, as advised?

john i attached the .ini file a while ago. hopefully you can find the problem

I don't know why you are repeatedly posting the same file.  And I have already told you what to try, several times now:

On 6/26/2023 at 11:08 AM, John Dowson said:

NoWeatherAtAll=Yes

It really isn't worth you posting anyting until you have read my comments and tried my suggestions. You need to eliminate the possibility of aa corrupt weather file before anythung else.

John

8 hours ago, MIKE MCCARTHY said:

i attached requested file earlier, with no response.

You keep attaching your FSUIPC4.ini file, which just tells me that you have not added:
     NoWeatherAtAll=Yes
to the [General] section of this file and tried with this, as I keep asking you to do. Please try that.
If it still crashes, please attach your FSUIPC4.log file, and also check the windows Event viewer and post details of the crash events.

6 hours ago, MIKE MCCARTHY said:

I JUST ADDED IT.   seems to work- for now.

Ok, then this implies that one of your weather files is corrupt. To correct this,  delete all of the .wx files from your FS Documents folder (where your flights are stored), and the file "wxstationlist.bin" in your <user>\AppData\Roaming folder for FSX. Once you have done that, you can remove the NoWeatherAtAll=Yes entry from your FSUIPC4.ini file and try again.

i have another issue.

For other issues, please raise a new topic, with a relevant title. You cannot use this same topic for all issues. Please also check for similar issues before raising a new topic.

fsuipc is no sending signal to an acars that my BEACON light is off; even though i see that its on. any ideas?

FSUIPC does not send anything, it will be the acars program that reads the state data from FSUIPC. The acars program is probably trading the beacon light state either from offset 0x281 or offset 0x0D0C. You can try logging those offsets to see if they hold the correct state of the beacon lights for the aircraft you are using (see the User guide on logging facilities and the Offset Status guide for details on those offsets).

Other than that, I cannot help with 3rd-party programs that I do not know. You should try the support for the acars program.

John

21 hours ago, MIKE MCCARTHY said:

I JUST ADDED IT.   seems to work- for now. thanks for puttin up with me. but i have another issue. fsuipc is no sending signal to an acars that my BEACON light is off; even though i see that its on. any ideas? thanks.

mike

spoke too soon. still ctd. even after adding noweatheratall YES

So it was working and now it is not again? What changed?
Can you please post the files I need to see when you get a CTD:
    FSUIPC4.log
    FSUIPC4.ini
    the crash event(s) from the windows Event viewer

I really need to see these files if you want assistance with this. It is no use telling me that it is crashing and providing nothing that helps me understand when, why and where this is occurring.

John