The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC V6.1 (registered) with P3D V5 GPSOut issue

Hello, 

I have two computers connected via a null modem RS232 wire. One computer runs P3D and FSUIPC the other one runs a map application. Both Win 10.
Versions: FSUIPC V6.1 (registered).  P3D V5  

RS232 Communication between the computers is verified using TerraTem which is shut down after the test not to hold the port.

We do not get NMEA from the P3D+FSUIPC on the other computer. Neither Terra term see the NMEA sentences nor map application we want to test.

1. I followed the manual instructions and made sure the computers do communicate over RS232. How may I get FSUIPC to send the NMEA? 

1. When setting the GPSOUT - I change the settings to speed 115200 and time interval to 50 msec.  When I go back to the page the setting is port speed 4800 and interval 2000 msec. How may I set the required numbers to stay?

Thanks much

Oodi Menaker

Can you please attach your FSUIPC6.ini and an FSUIPC6.log file.

52 minutes ago, Oodi Menaker said:

and time interval to 50 msec

The minimum time interval is 100 msec.

52 minutes ago, Oodi Menaker said:

Neither Terra term see the NMEA sentences nor map application we want to test.

What map application? The user manual does say "GPSout may not support all other moving map and atlas programs, but
..."

John

The map application is iX Flight Pro by Phase One. It does read NMEA input from various GPS and we want to test it in simulation with output from P3D.

Do you have a limitation on the number of sentences I can mark for output? 
Why does the RS232 rate does not stay 115200? is there a limitation there as well?

16 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Can you please attach your FSUIPC6.ini and an FSUIPC6.log file.

The minimum time interval is 100 msec.

What map application? The user manual does say "GPSout may not support all other moving map and atlas programs, but
..."

John

Attached is the ini.

Could not find a FSUIPC6.log in all C drive (and not in other drives as well).

FSUIPC6.ini

with regard to the map application - as we are the vendor that writes it we have all the knowledge to make it work. We just need to see that FSUIPC does send the data to the other PC. Using TerraTerm we verify the communication between the PC's work and the port settings for both COM is correct.

We use the following wire configuration:

USB to com converter-Nul modem wire - Com to USB convertor.

TerraTerm shows that the communication works well.

5 hours ago, Oodi Menaker said:

Do you have a limitation on the number of sentences I can mark for output? 

No.

5 hours ago, Oodi Menaker said:

Why does the RS232 rate does not stay 115200? is there a limitation there as well?

No limitation there, and I do not currently know why the rate you set is not being saved, which is why I want yo see yout files.

3 hours ago, Oodi Menaker said:

Could not find a FSUIPC6.log in all C drive (and not in other drives as well).

It is in the same folder as your FSUIPC6.ini. If you cannot see it, it is probably because you have windows explorer set to hide the extension of known file types. I wan to see this as this will tell me where you have installed FSUIPC6. If you have installed it into a windows-protected folder, such as under Documents or Program Files, then this can cause issues.

Attached is the ini.

I saw that in the ini the GPSout is no and changed it to yes. Still no go.

Well, that would certainly prevent the GPS out data beinf sent! Your ini file also show that you are using an old an unsupported version of FSUIPC6, 6.1.0 - can you please update to the latest and inly supported version, 6.1.9. When you re-install, make sure that you do not install in a windows protected folder.
And I also need to see your updated FSUIPC6.ini now that you have actually enabled GPSOut.

In your FSUIPC6.ini, can you also please add the following to the [General] section:

Debug=Please
LogExtras=4

This will then log the GPS out data sent. On the client PCs, you can look for an application that can monitor the data received - maybe your applications are just not understanding what is being output.

We use the following wire configuration:

USB to com converter-Nul modem wire - Com to USB convertor.

Also check that you are using the correct COMx number for your adapter.

Please attach your updated FSUIPC6.ini and your FSUIPC6.log file generated with that logging specified.

John

Edited by John Dowson
check comx port number

12 minutes ago, Oodi Menaker said:

Installation tells me it is going to install at  C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin - meaning under program files. should I change it to be out of program files?

Yes. You can skip registration, and after installation copy across your FSUIPC6.key and FSUIPC6.ini files (as well as any *.lua or *.dll files that you may use) from your old installation folder to the new one. Add those additional logging flags I mentioned to the FSUIPC6.ini. Then, run P3D/FSUIPC6 and check/activate and set your GPS Out settings and try again. Any issues, show me/attach your FSUIPC6.ini and FSUIPC6.log files.

John

Greta, Thanks much, it works now 🙂😀.

I installed FSUIPC 6.1.9 on a FSUIPC directory I generated on C.

Now I'm getting all the messages on Terraterm on the other computer - it works. Thanks much for your support.'

(getting the data into iX Flight pro will be easy as we are the developers).

What is PASHER and how is it used? Can you provide a reference and an example?
It doesn't seam to be a NMEA sentence - they are also all 3 letters as far as I am aware...

John

Later: Ok - I have found PASHR (not PASHER): http://receiverhelp.trimble.com/oem-gnss/NMEA-0183messages_PASHR.html

Edited by John Dowson
Later added

22 hours ago, Oodi Menaker said:

If you can add it in the future it will be nice.

I can look at adding this at some point (maybe in a few weeks...), but first a few questions:

1. Not sure what GNSS Quality or IMU Alignment Status are - would a value of 0 be ok for these fields?

2. For the heading accuracy I would just use 0.001 and for the roll and pitch a value of 0.010 - would that be ok?

3. Could you test this for me once implemented - I cannot test GPS out functionality here.

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I checked the PASHR implementation. Most of it works but the last part of the sentence in which we probably use a slightly different flavor of PASHR.

Parameters d and e needs to be a little different and the attached doc has the values. Currently we miss e, that is why our application still does not work well with the implementation.

I also attached a log of the NMEA data as collected by the receiving computer  

PASHER.docxteraterm.log

Appreciate if you can provide an updated DLL. it will help us much use flight sim with FSUIPC.

Best regards

Oodi Menaker

13 minutes ago, Oodi Menaker said:

Parameters d and e needs to be a little different and the attached doc has the values. Currently we miss e, that is why our application still does not work well with the implementation.

Parameter d is the GPS Quality flag, and e the IMU state flag. You said:

On 4/6/2023 at 12:21 PM, Oodi Menaker said:

For GNSS quality a value of 1 is good.

For IMU alignment  - the correct value is 4 

Which is why they are always 1 and 4. Do you want me to just change e ( IMU state flag) from 4 to 1?

As I previously said, I do not know how to calculate these values so have just hard-coded the values that you asked for.