The simFlight Network Forums

New user and new to Flight Simulation

jaybeckham

I am building a two seat 737 based on Karl Clarke's web site.  I am also using MSFS2020 for the simulation and I plan to order PMDG's 737-800 for MSFS2020.  Karl went a different route but his web site suggests I look to Paul and John for advice as to what software I need and getting started programming my Sim.  Of course I have lots of questions and because Karl used PROSIM and also not MSFS2020 I figured this was the place to start.  I do not plan to use PROSIM due to its high cost.

I assume I need to order FSUIPC7 from you all and also get Mobiflight.  Using Karl's design I am building his MIP and most of the other items either now or later.  For the meantime I have the Logitech Yoke and Pedals and the Honeycomb Bravo.  Main screen is a 65" 4K TV.  Also have 2 18.5" monitors and a 14" to populate the MIP.  I have already 3D printed a lot of parts e.g. the MCP and EFIS.  I also purchased from Karl all of the drawings and files needed.  I will be laser cutting the MIP later this week.

One early question is using PMDG's software and popping out the screens for the MIP, do I need a second PC networked to the main PC for those screens?

Anyway please let me know what I need to buy beyond the PMDG to get started.

Thanks

Jay Beckham

9 hours ago, jaybeckham said:

I assume I need to order FSUIPC7

Please try FSUIPC7 before purchasing - there is a trial license available in a posy at the top of this forum.

One early question is using PMDG's software and popping out the screens for the MIP, do I need a second PC networked to the main PC for those screens?

No. MSFS did recently introduce multi-screen support but I have not yet had time to look into this. Not sure how you would do this on a 2nd PC though,

Anyway please let me know what I need to buy beyond the PMDG to get started.

I really can't advise on such issues. You would be better asking such questions on opencockpits.com or on avsim. I can only support FSUIPC and related products and not advise on building a sim, sorry.

John