The simFlight Network Forums

MADDOGX Custom Events

rlw9sr

I am attempting to assign a Button for the "Key Event EFIS1 Range."  The DEC/HEX values are "69911" and "0x11117." 

I've tried for Button 58=PC,0,C69911 (page 23 of the Advanced Manual) with no success.  Any help would be appreciated--Thanks,

rw

To use custom controls, you should select the <custom control> entry from the assignment drop-down menus with Select for FS control checked. No need to manually edit the ini file.

If any assignment isn't working, I need to see your FSUIPC7.ini file and your FSUIPC7.log file, the latter generated with logging for Events and Buttons & Switches activated. Make sure the log file is complete (i.e. do not use the New Log feature) and exit FSUIPC7 before attaching the log file).

John

Thank you--The entry for the KEY EFIS Range is not in the custom controls.  There is a list of key commands in the MADDOGX documentation directory.  I am trying  to associate a button with the Key Command to increase the EFIS range-nothing has worked  so far (including the above).  When I enter the either the DEC/HEX as a custom control nothing happens--Thanks again for your help--

Robert

P.S.  I have attached the .log file

FSUIPC7.log

I saw you had posted a similar question on the MSFS Maddog forums.  Are you using the MSFS version?  If so, I don't believe the document with the list of commands you referenced is applicable.  I think that's for the P3D version.

The addressable events and associated actions for MSFS are documented in the 'MaddogX_interior.xml' file located deep in the aircraft folder:

...\Community\lsh-maddogx-aircraft\SimObjects\Airplanes\MaddogX\model\MaddogX_interior.xml

The relevant section for changing the range of the ND (on the Captain's side) begins at line 12782:

<PartInfo>
        <Name>CM1_ctrl_range_knob1</Name>
        <AnimLength>50</AnimLength>
        <Animation>
            <Parameter>
                <Code>(L:CM1_ctrl_range_knob1, enum) 10 *</Code>
            </Parameter>
        </Animation>
        <MouseRect>
            <Cursor>Hand</Cursor>
            <MouseFlags>LeftSingle+RightSingle+WheelUp+WheelDown</MouseFlags>
            <CallbackCode>
                (M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmi 0 == if{ 8192 3 + (&gt;L:CM1_lateral_event,number) }
                (M:Event) 'RightSingle' scmi 0 == if{ 16384 3 + (&gt;L:CM1_lateral_event,number) }
                (M:Event) 'WheelUp' scmi 0 == if{ 16384 3 + (&gt;L:CM1_lateral_event, number) }
                (M:Event) 'WheelDown' scmi 0 == if{ 8192 3 + (&gt;L:CM1_lateral_event, number) }
            </CallbackCode>
        </MouseRect>
    </PartInfo>

To change the range, assign CM1_lateral_event to one of your buttons using one of the parameters referenced above: 8195 (8192+3) for a left click, 16387 (16384+3) for a right click, etc.  For instructions on how to get the CM1_lateral_event to show up in the FSUIPC assignment drop down list, see this thread:

Hope that helps.

Note that you can also create your own presets to use lvars (plus hvars, etc) that don't already have a preset listed in the MobiFlight preset list (see https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/). You can also define your own preset (using the myevents.txt file) to take a parameter if needed, otherwise it can be without, as the MF presets are defined. See the Advanced User guide (WASM section) for details.

@rlw9srYour log file shows that you are using an old and unsupported version of fSUIPC7 - 7.3.11. Please update to the latest version, 7.3.19. Also, for future reference, please include your FSUIPC7.ini file for issues with assignments (as asked for). Only activate the logging required or asked for (otherwise log files can become too large and contain superfluous info) and always exit FSUIPC7 before attaching files.

John