The simFlight Network Forums

Black Square Baron / Bonanza & Aircraft Names

JPL19

Hello,

I have followed this thread: 

Using that thread above I had the turbocharged Baron twin also working with two mixture axis (I have both AC).  The problem is the mixture solution in the thread works for the turbocharged version, but the normally aspirated version needs "regular" mixture controls.  So I tried to create a profile for each version for both AC. 

I am using UseProfiles=Files and UseAirLocForProfiles=Yes, and created two different profiles for regular and turbocharged for each Baron and Bonanza. For instance - a have Baron.ini for turbocharged Baron and Reg Baron.ini for non-turbo.

My problem is once I created two profiles the Turbo version only picks up the Reg profile.  It appears it is referencing the folder name and not the titles and the folders are a near match except the addition of turbo at the end (screenshot below).  The titles in the aircraft.cfg do vary slightly, using title = "Black Square Baron 58P Default Red" for the pressurized turbo model instead of title = "Black Square Baron 58 Default Red" for the regular version.

This is from my ini:

For Regular - 
[Profile.Reg Baron]
1=bksq-aircraft-analogbaron

For Turbo-
[Profile.Baron]
1=bksq-aircraft-analogbaronturbo

Can anyone suggest a solution, or point out something I have done wrong?  I thought about changing one folder name to something more unique, but I am concerned about any fallback entries and payware issues.

Thank you.

Joe

Screenshot 2023-03-29 182207.jpg

7 hours ago, JPL19 said:

My problem is once I created two profiles the Turbo version only picks up the Reg profile.

Don't you mean that the regular / none-turbo version picks up the turbo profile? I can't see how it can happen the other way around...

This is due to the substring matching that is done on the the profile folder name to the actual folder name. There was previously a parameter to define this but this was removed some time ago, before I added the functionality to match on the aircraft folder name. However, it can be useful when using UseAirLocForProfiles=Yes, in situations like this.

Can you try the attached version please where this has been re-instated - download it and use it to replace your existing FSUIPC7.exe (make sure you are using the latest release first - 7.3.19, and if not first update to that). Then add the following to the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file:

ShortAircraftNameOk=No

I haven't tested this yet but will do this later or most probably tomorrow.. let me know if this is ok and solves your issue.

Cheers,

John

FSUIPC7.exe

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Don't you mean that the regular / none-turbo version picks up the turbo profile? I can't see how it can happen the other way around...

It definitely was the turbo version that was affected.

But issue solved.  I tried your solution above with the new exe and added line for both Bonanza and Baron and it seems to be working great in all cases.

Thank you - I appreciate your help.

Joe

40 minutes ago, JPL19 said:

It definitely was the turbo version that was affected.

Ok - yes, as the reg profile string bksq-aircraft-analogbaron will be a substring match for the turbo folder bksq-aircraft-analogbaronturbo. The matching is on profile strings to folders, not vica-versa - sorry about that.

Glad its working with that beta version - that change will be included in the next official release. Thanks for testing so promptly.

Cheers,

John