The simFlight Network Forums

Offset Mapping for PMDG 737-700

ShakaZ

Hi All,

I am relatively new to the community.  That said, I have a question.  Has anyone ran into an issue where changes made to the 737_Options.ini file is not taking affact?  I am using FSUIPC to interface with PMDG.  I’ve modified the 737_Options.ini file adding EnableDataBroadcast=1 in the [SDK] section.

To test, in mobiflight I’ve created an input line with the settings below:

Mobiflight->settings->Sim Variable Tab->FSUIPC Offset (SELECTED)

Offset:0x645B.  Value Type:Int  Size in bytes: 1  Mask value with:0xFF

With MSFS2020 running (as well as FSUIPC and Mobi), when I launch PMDG 737 and flip the Yaw Damper switch (0x645B) I am not getting any values in mobi.  I’ve tried other switches all with the same results.  If on the other hand I select an existing preset from the combo box (mobiflight->Sim variable->FSUIPC Offset), everything works just fine.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there another way I can troubleshoot this?

My setup:

Hardware: Intel I9, 32 GB Ram

Mobiflight: 9.7.1

FSUIPC:7.2.11 (licensed)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

11 hours ago, ShakaZ said:

FSUIPC:7.2.11 (licensed)

This version is quite old now - the current and only supported version is 7.3.19. Please update.  Also check that you are using the latest version of the PMDG 737, which is 3.0.65.

Has anyone ran into an issue where changes made to the 737_Options.ini file is not taking affact? 

I have not had that issue.

What am I doing wrong?  Is there another way I can troubleshoot this?

You should first verify if FSUIPC7 is receiving the PMDG data. To do this, add the following to the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file:
    TestOptions=x400
If the PMDG offsets are enabled and working, you should see the following lines logged in your FSUIPC7.log file:

44172 PMDG 737 offsets enabled
    165141 PMDG 737 Client Data Received: ID=1313289013, Size=1049, FirstDataDW=536870944

If the offsets are enabled but no client data is received, then the PMDG SDK broadcasts are not enabled. If this is the case, double-check you have enabled broadcasting in the 737_Options.ini file in the correct location for your installation (see the PMDG SDK document). If it is enabled then you need PMDG support - check their support forums.
If FSUIPC7 is receiving PMDG broadcasts, then you can try logging that PMDG offset (and others) using FSUIPC7's offset logging facilities to see if the updated values are logged. If so, your issue is probably with your MobiFlight set-up and you should ask about this on their discord support channel.

John

No problem - glad its now working...

PMDG offsets were enabled in v7.3.8 - as you were using 7.2.11 (I had read this as 7.3.11!), that was why they weren't working. That version was from October 2021, so very old! You should check for updates more regularly, and always before requesting support. I tend to release a new version every month or so, mainly with minor changes, but worth checking occasionally. MSFS is a bit more stable now, but still work is needed after every MSFS update, so you should always check a day or two after any MSFS update.

John