The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG/fsuipc7 Hang

rlw9sr

I updated yesterday MADDOGX aircraft with their HFs.  Since then when I fly the PMDG 738, the sim hangs; if I disconnect fsuipc7 the sim is restored.  Unfortunately,  all my button and axes assignments are missing!  I have uninstalled and reinstalled fsupic7 (current version)-same problem.   I have created a support ticked at MADDOGX.  I have attached the fsupc7 log file and the PMDG *.ini file--again I have changed nothing except the MADDOGX HFs.  I appreciate any help or suggestions--Thanks,

Robert

P.S. I guess I could uninstall the MADDOGX aircraft if necessary and see if that resolves the problem.

FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7.ini

First, your ini file is a bit of a mess....for comments in ini files, you need to use either ';' or '#', not '//' or '!' characters - see https://www.w3schools.io/file/ini-comments-syntax/.
From the Advanced User guide:

You can add comments following a semicolon (;) at the end of the line, and these will be retained. You can also insert lines containing only comments, but they need an <Entry number> too, otherwise they may not retain their relative position. Comments can contain up to 63 characters—longer ones will be truncated,,,

9 hours ago, rlw9sr said:

P.S. I guess I could uninstall the MADDOGX aircraft if necessary and see if that resolves the problem.

Try removing it from your Community folder to see if that makes a difference.

I don't have the 738 (or the MaddogX), but can check with the PMDG 737 later...

John

A couple of other points:

Two entries under [LuaFiles] are the same - remove one of them:

[LuaFiles]
1=ipcReady
2=LINDA
3=SetPauseMSFS&P3D
3=SetPauseMSFS&P3D

Did you add these manually? That section is written and maintained by FSUIPC - you should not modify this manually unless you really understand what you are doing...

[Auto]
1=SetPauseMSFS&P3D

This is an invalid entry - if you want that lua started, it should be:

[Auto]
1=Lua SetPauseMSFS&P3D

I'm also not 100% sure that having an '&' symbol in a lua (or any) file is a good idea, so maybe rename that....

Also disable all logging - I will ask you to set any logging when needed.

John

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I don't have the 738 (or the MaddogX), but can check with the PMDG 737 later...

Just checked in the PMDG 737 and all seems ok, apart from the (expected) hang/pause I get for a few (5-20) seconds when the auto-save kicks-in.
You can also try in devmode with the debug console open - see what messages you get there as they might give an indication as to what the problem is.

But certainly first try without the MaddogX if your issue only started after installing the latest HFs for this aircraft...

John

Thanks John for your help--the *.ini file was indeed a bit "rough."  I regenerated it and have carefully been adding axes and button assignments.  Thanks again--Regards,

Robert