The simFlight Network Forums

KLAX Issue

Moosehunt2007

When trying to install KLAX-Los Angeles V1.4.0, at the end of installation I receive this error.  I've deleted the folder multiple times/ways and reinstalled and every time it gives me this error.  I just had to reinstall MSFS2020 so I'm trying to get this installed again.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Feelthere KLAX Fail.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@scoobflight I finally did that about a week ago and this was their response which worked and I thought DUH!!  We have a work around this error. Unfortunately that issue occurs, because the path (texture name) is too long. 
A simple workaround would be to first install it to the desktop, then cut and paste the installed folder "feelthere-airport-klax" into your MSFS Community Folder. 
The install will work without this error.

Hello! how are you? I wanna know that have your issue is resolved or not if not, I think you need to try deleting all old installation files and run the installer as an administrator. Temporarily disable any antivirus software during installation. If the issue persists, please share the exact error message for further assistance. Thankyou.

On 7/13/2023 at 7:22 AM, TimSteve said:

Hello! how are you? I wanna know that have your issue is resolved or not if not, I think you need to try deleting all old installation files and run the installer as an administrator. Temporarily disable any antivirus software during installation. If the issue persists, please share the exact error message for further assistance. Thankyou.

@TimSteve If you look above from the beginning of the thread, I had already done all of those things months ago and had no luck.  The exact error was in the screenshot in the thread as well.  Please READ a post before trying to answer one months later!!  The answer to the issue is in my last response before your post.  Thank you for reading the post first next time.

• Like 1