The simFlight Network Forums

duplicate actions between Saitek Throttle Quadrant and CH Rudder pedals

Greetings,

I have the following problem which affects use of my rudder

P3D appears to be confusing my control systems. For example, if I set Engine Auto Start on my throttle box using Button 1, that Button is also triggered on the yoke...
In other words, as noted above, the program is not distinguishing between separate control units, even though each pedals, yoke and throttle quadrant are clearly identified and numbered in the controller menu under the Options category.

In a possibly related problem, I have irregular rudder control. The rudder will perform left and right steering actions properly on some aircraft, but not on others. I have tried finding a solution, on the P3D forum where the suggestion was made to bring my issue here. Thanks for any help.

Sherm

18 minutes ago, Sherman Kaplan said:

I have tried finding a solution, on the P3D forum where the suggestion was made to bring my issue here.

Are you using FSUIPC (registered) for your assignments? It sounds like you aren't from your description, so I'm not sure I can help - the P3D forums should be the place for such issues, so I am surprised that they referred you hear... You can also try posting on avsim.com for such issues.

21 minutes ago, Sherman Kaplan said:

For example, if I set Engine Auto Start on my throttle box using Button 1, that Button is also triggered on the yoke...

It may already be auto-assigned to your yoke - check the yoke button assignment in the P3D options and remove or change the assignment.

42 minutes ago, Sherman Kaplan said:

In a possibly related problem, I have irregular rudder control. The rudder will perform left and right steering actions properly on some aircraft, but not on others.

With which aircraft does it work, and which not? But again, difficult to advise if you are not using FSUIPC.

If you are using FSUIPC, you can activate logging for Events (non-axis controls) and Buttons & Switches for the first issue, and for the rudder issue you will need logging for Axes controls activated. You can open the logging console and see the events logged in real-time, which may help you diagnose the issue, or you can attach your log files here, as well as yout FSUIPC ini file.

John