The simFlight Network Forums

NuGet is not automatically downloading DLL?

Demon

6 hours ago, Paul Henty said:

There is another, separate example project for the MSFSVariableServices.

Paul  

I'm an idiot, I totally missed that Example Code smack dab in the center of your download page.  But I did find this gen when I googled "MSFSVariableServices download" just now.
http://fsuipc.paulhenty.com/Reference/html/classFSUIPC_1_1MSFSVariableServices.html

And then there's this beauty that I just found.
http://fsuipcwebsockets.paulhenty.com/#overview

Now to figure a way to use all this from a C++ executable.  Slowly getting closer...

Robert

After having spent all afternoon researching communication, trying to learn how to call a VB.NET DLL from a C++ executable, and finally narrowing it down to IPC, it's nice to finally appreciate all the stuff that was in my FSUIPC download.

Especially that C++ section on interprocess communication, looking forward to reading that tomorrow. 🙂

1566446706_FSUIPCSDK.png.0ebe56edb90cfbba07bef09ca6ed5213.png

Paul, I hope you don't mind me posting the progress on using your DLL from a C++ application.  I'm hoping that this information might help the next guy home in on the required information.  I'm mostly randomly bouncing all over the web trying to ask the right questions, using whatever I've learned over the decades of dabbling in VB6 since windows XP.

This is where I'm trying to get.
Structure.png.26d770b578f7794519db145dc8a52dcb.png

Robert
🙂

Hi Robert,

The diagram makes things much clearer.

You could achieve this without using my DLL. If your main application is in C++ and you're using SimConnect there doesn't seem to be any reason to use a .NET DLL.

You can use SimConnect to get data from MSFS. (Instead of FSUIPC Offsets).

You can also talk to the FSUIPC WASM Module directly from C++. Check the download on the FSUIPC website called "FSUIPC WASM Module 1.0.2 + WAPI 1.0.2". That includes all the C++ libraries/examples you need.

http://fsuipc.com

That would seem much simpler to me. Only one language, one fewer component, no communication layer between C++ and the VB component, and no .NET runtime.

image.png.7c76baed9bfae1f3fd0f981b3da04726.png

The WASM will handle the L:Vars (XML Vars) and the SimConnect will handle Events and SimVars.

Paul 

• Like 1

I tried to adapt the FSUIPC_Client to my needs, but I hit a snag and John doesn't know how to fix that.

He sends me to you.  😄  Seriously, I wouldn't know a framework if it kicked me in the backside.

Paul, I hadn't really understood your comment about calculator code until I saw this just now:

2018788887_Calculatorcode.png.3a43b2258026e883a46fa00b548de355.png

- HBilliet on forums.flightsimulator.com

According to him, CC can process Events, Simvars and Lvars.  Exactly what I need.

Off to find documentation.  🙂

Robert
"I understand quickly, you just have to explain often"

On 4/16/2023 at 2:52 PM, Demon said:

(reading your link as soon as I post this)

These guys are the last on my list.  I don't know if they are considered as local, and haven't seen examples of how to read/write to them YET:

• XMLVAR_YokeHidden1
  • XMLVAR_YokeHidden2
  • XMLVAR_ADF_Mode

That ADF Mode selector is the last control on the Cessna 152 that I can't afffect; it's not a Simconnect event or simvar (by MSFS SDK standards - although I might have missed a paragraph - there's a LOT of information spread all over that documentation).

I started looking at WASM modules today to see if they can get to them.

Robert

An update for the next guy that can't use VB.NET for whatever reason, you can update an Lvar directly from SimConnect.

Got my answer from the gurus on the subject:
https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/16496/setting-xmlvar-adf-mode-using-addtodatadefinition.html

Thanks for your help though Paul.

Cheers!

Robert

• Like 1