The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS crashing to desktop upon loading

My MSFS was working fine last time I loaded it with FSUIPC7 working fine with my PFC Professional console.

You helped me a few months ago to get the background lights running on the PFC radio stack.

All that is now working fine and has been since you updated FSUIPC7.

Ive been flying XPlane for the last month and decided to go back to some helicopters in MSFS2020 that i was flying previously without any issues.

I have now tried to start MSFS many times and  most times the screen goes blank in mid-load and the simply returns to my desktop.

Task manager shows that MSFS is  not running.     A few times the program loads and shows the MSFS main screen and then crashes back to desktop.

And one time i actually got in the plane and clicked "ready to fly" and then it crashed back to desktop.

Ive attached the FSUIP& log where it shows the crash near the end of the log.

Im not sure this is a FSUIPC issue but im hoping you can help me understand how the crash occurs

Any help would be appreciated.

FSUIPC7.log

15 hours ago, jimbooo said:

I have now tried to start MSFS many times and  most times the screen goes blank in mid-load and the simply returns to my desktop.

Task manager shows that MSFS is  not running.

MSFS probably crashed before it even started FSUIPC7.

Ive attached the FSUIP& log where it shows the crash near the end of the log.

That just shows that FSUIPC7 exited as MSFS was no longer available, i.e. had crashed.

Im not sure this is a FSUIPC issue but im hoping you can help me understand how the crash occurs

Any help would be appreciated.

I can't really help with MSFS CTD issues - try the Asobo forums. You could try removing everything from your Community folder to see if MSFS starts ok then, and then add the Community folders back one-by-one to see if any of them are causing this issue.

I have had similar issues with MSFS on several occasions, but each time they seem to resolve themself as I am investigating...

Sorry I can't be of more help.

John