The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 does not run after a new installation

Ahs800b

Hello
I have uninstalled FSUIPC7 and again I have done the installation.
In this installation I uncheck the MSFS auto start box and when finished I create the icon on the desktop

When I click on the icon, the MSFS launcher opens...  "preparing the flight cabin" (when I have not chosen that option), finally the simulator loads, but there is no trace of fsuipc (it must be because my exe. xml has never worked correctly either)

I don't want the simulator to autostart, I just want fsuipc to open again as it always has

How can I solve that?

thank you

52 minutes ago, Ahs800b said:

I have uninstalled FSUIPC7 and again I have done the installation.
In this installation I uncheck the MSFS auto start box and when finished I create the icon on the desktop

Then FSUIPC7 will not be auto-started with MSFS, you will have to start it manually by double-clicking the FSUIPC7.exe in Windows Explorer, or create a shortcut to start it from your desktop.

54 minutes ago, Ahs800b said:

When I click on the icon, the MSFS launcher opens...  "preparing the flight cabin" (when I have not chosen that option), finally the simulator loads, but there is no trace of fsuipc (it must be because my exe. xml has never worked correctly either)

Yes you did, as you selected to create the desktop icon. The desktop icon shows the splash screen "preparing the flight cabin" and starts MSFS, not FSUIPC7. It is MSFS that starts FSUIPC7, but only if you select to install this component (auto-start).

56 minutes ago, Ahs800b said:

I don't want the simulator to autostart, I just want fsuipc to open again as it always has

How can I solve that?

The "auto-start" component is to auto-start FSUIPC7 when MSFS is started (i.e. when MSFS is started, it is MSFS that starts FSUIPC7), so if you want that then you have to select the auto-start component when you install FSUIPC7.

You seem confused about these things - I suggest that you read the provided documentation, starting with the Installation and Registration guide, which will tell you what the various components do.

John

Until yesterday, I had the FSUIPC7 icon on my desktop, and clicking it opened the software, just that, all worked perfectly

however today I made the mistake of uninstalling and installing again and now I can't get it to run.
As I have commented, on the first step of installation, I uncheck the FSUIPC+MSFS boot box, I DID NOT SELECT, I don´t want start MSFS at time  (I'm sorry I can't show you the image where it is unchecked, but it is larger than 20k)
 Finally, when I run the program, just MSFS opens (How¡¡ I did not select that ¡¡¡)  , But I don't want that, I just want my active FSUIPC7 icon as before

I am almost about to cry about it

thanks a lot