The simFlight Network Forums

Using profiles ?

AndyCYXU

So again a strange problem I got...

I had my throttle reverse set to use F9 and F10 set in MSFS (Cut Throttle/Decrease Throttle) for the ATR assigned to buttons on throttle using Profile specific , turns out in FSUIPC.ini these buttons on my throttle were also already assigned to -{THROTTLE1/2_DECR}-     -{THROTTLE1/2_CUT}-

I am sure that I specified for these two switches to be Profile Specific ATR, but using them was causing me almost a CTD, well a pause with black screen like a mega stutter... so I investigated and pressing F10 on keyboard behaved in the aircraft fine no issues, activating the same F10 by pressing reverse button caused a stutter in the sim... so I removed this assignment f10/f9 key press from profile completely and the reversers were activating just fine.. that is when I realized that they were already assigned to -{THROTTLE2_DECR}-     -{THROTTLE2_CUT}- in FSUIPC.ini and seem to work just fine for ATR, so it was causing double input then somehow !

Is it suggested to remove all [Axes] and [Buttons] assignments from FSUIP.ini when using profiles ? I mean these two were definitely fighting with each other, 

in FSUIPC.ini

1=RA,1,C65966,0     -{THROTTLE1_DECR}-
2=UA,1,C65967,0     -{THROTTLE1_CUT}-
3=RA,4,C65971,0     -{THROTTLE2_DECR}-
4=UA,4,C65972,0     -{THROTTLE2_CUT}-

in ATR Profile

0=RA,1,K121,8     -{Key press: F10}-
1=UA,1,K120,8     -{Key press: F9}-
2=PA,4,K121,8     -{Key press: F10}-
3=UA,4,K120,8     -{Key press: F9}-

I did not know at the time that these -{THROTTLE1/2_DECR}-     -{THROTTLE1/2_CUT}- would work in ATR

I have removed the FSUIPC.ini entries and put them in ATR.ini since they seem to work nicer then using F9\F10 keys anyways, 

PS: It did not cause problems with Fenix A320 which does not recognize -{THROTTLE1/2_DECR}-     -{THROTTLE1/2_CUT}-  but F9/F10 key works fine

6 hours ago, AndyCYXU said:

Is it suggested to remove all [Axes] and [Buttons] assignments from FSUIP.ini when using profiles ?

No, but you MUST understand how these things work.

When using a profile, if an axis or calibration section is present in the profile, then these profile-specific section will be used and the general axis and calibration sections will be ignored completely. However, if either of these sections is missing from the profile, then the general sections will be used.

Button and key assignments work in a different way. All general button and key assignments are inherited in a profile, unless overridden/redefined.

6 hours ago, AndyCYXU said:

I mean these two were definitely fighting with each other, in FSUIPC.ini

1=RA,1,C65966,0     -{THROTTLE1_DECR}-
2=UA,1,C65967,0     -{THROTTLE1_CUT}-
3=RA,4,C65971,0     -{THROTTLE2_DECR}-
4=UA,4,C65972,0     -{THROTTLE2_CUT}-

in ATR Profile

0=RA,1,K121,8     -{Key press: F10}-
1=UA,1,K120,8     -{Key press: F9}-
2=PA,4,K121,8     -{Key press: F10}-
3=UA,4,K120,8     -{Key press: F9}-

That really shouldn't happen - only the ATR profile assignments should be used as they will replace the general assignments. If you think that this is not the case, then you need to show me/attach your complete FSUIPC7.ini and ATR.ini profile files, and also a log generated with logging for Buttons & Keys and Events activated. This will show what assignments are being selected when you press the button/key.

• Like 1