The simFlight Network Forums

Widefs Key

katoema

Hi, I have for many years used FSUIPC4/7 and WideFS. Recently I have received a new PC and no issues with FSUIPC7, but My widefs key says it is not valid!!

I have cut and pasted the key. but to no avail.

Is there some way to make this happen?

Regards

Martin

9 minutes ago, katoema said:

I have cut and pasted the key. but to no avail.

All 3 parts must match - email, name and key. If the name and/or email for your WideFS7 license is different to that of your FSUIPC7 key then you need to check the appropriate box and also enter those details.

If that is not the issue, please let me know your WideFS7 order number and I will check your key details here.

John

John, Order Number: 1134938 it was a combined FSUIPC4 key and a WideFS key.

I updated to FSUIPC7 Order Number: 2524841, but I never had to update WideFS an worked with the older PC until the new one 2 weeks ago.

Regards

Martin

Before anything else, please update your FSUIPC7 version to the latest version, 7.3.20 - you are using an old an unsupported (beta) version, 7.3.9i.

If you still get connection issues, please first refer to the WideFS7 User Guide before posting again, and read the section Configure your Network. If you still get issues, AFTER configuring your network and trying various options (especially setting the Protocol and ServerName or ServerIPAddr address WideClient ini parameters). then also attach your WideServer.log file, as well as the updated 4 files that you already attached.

But it is far easier for you to diagnose any network issues on your side, given the information provided in the WideFS User guide and Technical manuals provided.

Cheers,

John

Hi John,

I'll report back later. At present I'm working with Zendesk over an issue with the sim which is causing a loading problem, not FSUIPC7/WideFS related. I have had to uninstall the sim, but it reinstalls another version, not from the boxed version that I have, which they find unusual.

So will look at FSUIPC7/WideFS again when this is resolved.

Regards

Martin

• 4 months later...

Hello,  

can some help me as I am trying to register WideFS within the FSUIPC7 installation.

Details are different for FSUIPC7 and WideFS as I purchased this many years ago.  I tick the box  "check if using a different Name or Address for WideFS

WideFS details Order Number: #468920 10/25/2008

FSUIPC7 details Order Number :#3309484

Thanks for your support

Brett

On 10/8/2023 at 2:47 AM, Weedsb said:

I tick the box  "check if using a different Name or Address for WideFS

And what is the issue?

If you get a validation error, then your VC++ redistributables probably need updating - see the Invalid Key Problems section of the Installation and Registration guide,

John