The simFlight Network Forums

VrInsight CDU III for Msfs 2020

AruzyGaming

Hello

I'm struggling to get the Vrinsight CDU III to work can someone help me I am more than willing to give my discord so that you can go along with me. I do apologise I've got learning difficulties so it's difficult for me to learn and understand things

Kind Regards

Benedict

14 hours ago, AruzyGaming said:

I'm struggling to get the Vrinsight CDU III to work can someone help me

I have no knowledge or information on the VRI CDU III - you should really try VRI support for this, or from the place where you purchased,

Does it not use the VRISim software to interface to the FS?

Otherwise, if the CDU III is similar to the CDU II, then see Appendix 3 in the Advanced User guide: Handling VRInsight serial devices in FSUIPC. and also take a look at the document Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf.

As I don't have any VRI devices, I cannot add to what is already documented in these devices, Also see the following support forum posts:

John

2 hours ago, AruzyGaming said:

I'm currently having issues with SerialFp2 because it won't detect msfs

But why does it need to detect MSFS? It is used by FSUIPC7, not MSFS, and you need to assign in FSUIPC7. You will also need a registered/licensed copy of FSUIPC7. If you do not have a license, try the trial license available in a post at the top of this sub-forum.

As I have said, I no precious little about VRInsight devices, and nothing about the CDU III. I can only suggest that you try and set it up the same way other people have setup the CDU II with FSUIPC7 and MSFS. Some people use SerialFp2, others not. Try without first, and then maybe try with as well. As I don't have this device, you will to read the documentation as well as maybe those support requests I have referenced. If you have any issues, you can try tagging (using the '@' notation) the users who are using the CDU II with FSUIPC7 and MSFS.

If you configure correctly with SerialFP2 and the buttons/switches are not recognised by FSUIPC7, then it is probably because the device isn't supported.

2 hours ago, AruzyGaming said:

plus vrinsight don't have good customer support

Sorry, but that is not my problem...

John

• 5 months later...
On 5/14/2023 at 8:28 PM, AruzyGaming said:

i'm currently waiting for the guy of linda to reply back to me

Unfortunately LINDA is no longer supported, as the developer is no longer available and has left the FS world.
I have heard that is supports both the CDU II and CDU III from VRInsight (from 3.3.5), but you need to check the documentation. Sorry, but I cannot really help with LINDA, and other LINDA users on the support forum on avsim is your best bet.

16 hours ago, nicostsn said:

I have the same problem.  Were you able to make it work?

Best to tag the OP for such questions, like @AruzyGaming...

John

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2023 at 10:36 PM, AruzyGaming said:

Hello

I'm struggling to get the Vrinsight CDU III to work can someone help me I am more than willing to give my discord so that you can go along with me. I do apologise I've got learning difficulties so it's difficult for me to learn and understand things

Kind Regards

Benedict

I also have a vrinsight CDU IIIi and can't get it to work on msfs2020. did you manage to make it work?

If you are still having issues, try adding the following to the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file:
    VRIDisableCMDRST=Yes
This was added to prevent issues with a power-spike when using VRInsight MCP panels - see the following 

You can also add additional logging for VRI devices by setting a Log->Custom value of x4, or x44 for additional logging. This should then log any com data received by FSUIPC over the com port.

Please also see the following post: 

John