The simFlight Network Forums

PFCcom64.dll driver work sporadically with PFC Serial Jetliner console, throttle, yoke, and panels

raymitchell27

Pete or John Dawson,

I am writing to bring to your attention a persistent issue I am facing with the PFCcom64.dll application on my simulator. Despite my best efforts, the application seems to be working sporadically, causing disruptions in my flight simulation experience.

To provide you with some context, I am utilizing the serial port to connect a legacy Precision Flight Controls Jetliner, MCP, throttle and avionic combo, yoke, and CDU to my simulator. 

Initially, I attempted to install the PFCchd64.dll application in order to enhance the functionality of my hardware setup. However, after encountering compatibility issues, I decided to remove it from my system. Surprisingly, even after its removal, the file continues to appear on the FSUIPC7 Console log, suggesting that some remnants of the application may still be causing conflicts.

As a result of this situation, the PFCcom64.dll application is working inconsistently. There are times when it functions and the lights on my system comes on, but more often than not, it fails to operate as expected. .

I am reaching out to seek your assistance in resolving this matter. Could you kindly provide guidance on how to troubleshoot and rectify the issues with the PFCcom64.dll application? Any insights, suggestions, or steps to take would be greatly appreciated. If there are alternative solutions or known workarounds, I would be eager to explore those as well.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your response and remain optimistic that we can find a resolution to this problem.

5 hours ago, raymitchell27 said:

However, after encountering compatibility issues, I decided to remove it from my system. Surprisingly, even after its removal, the file continues to appear on the FSUIPC7 Console log, suggesting that some remnants of the application may still be causing conflicts.

There is only the dll - if its in your FSUIPC7 installation folder it will be loaded, if it is not there it won't. There are no remnants.

I attempted to install the PFCchd64.dll

Do you mean the PFCcom64.dll? You don't need the PFChid64.dll if not using PFC USB devices, and this should have no affect if installed but not used.

There are times when it functions and the lights on my system comes on, but more often than not, it fails to operate as expected. .

You need to determine what is happening when it fails. Is the button/switch press being detected? Is the appropriate control being sent? You can use FSUIPC's logging facilities - activate logging for Buttons & Keys as well as Events, and see what is logged (with the console window open) both when its working and when not working, See if there is any difference in the logs in these cases.

Also please check the PFC driver console for any logging options there, also check the PFC.DLL User Guide on how to use this correctly for your console.