The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek yoke throttle and throttle quadrant calibration issue

Ok I’ve had this problem for ages. I think I’ve posted before but have found a difference in the calibration of the saitek yoke throttle quadrant and the additional quadrant. The issue applies to the PMDG 747’s

the yoke throttle is fine. Thrust from idle to max and then the reversers selected using the buttons to activate the lower part of the throttles. The range is all set correctly for the throttles and is shown in the calibration in and out boxes. Both the same.

However with the additional throttle it’s not so.

for engines 3 and 4, the in box shows normal range (-1683 and 1683. Something like that). The out box is always far less and goes only to -4091. 

this means that the reversers activate much earlier prior to the throttles set to the idol position. Also the throttles in the sim do not move at the same time, with throttles 1 and 2 operating as they should, but throttles 3 and 4 are all over the shop. 

I have checked for a faulty throttle quadrant. Its calibration outside of the sim and fsuipc is correct. 

how do I fix this in FSUIPC? 

I hope this makes some sense 

Ryan 

Can you please attach your FSUIPC ini file so that I can see your assignments & calibration.

14 hours ago, Blaster254 said:

for engines 3 and 4, the in box shows normal range (-1683 and 1683. Something like that). The out box is always far less and goes only to -4091. 

This sounds like you have the No Reverse Zone box checked, but if that is the case then this should really apply to all throttles - it isn't which is strange. Your ini file will tell me what is happening....

John

You only have throttles 3 and 4 calibrated in FSUIPC, not 1 and 2:

Throttle3=-16384,-512,512,16383
Throttle4=-16384,-512,512,16383

Please calibrate all 4 throttles. And set or clear the No Reverse Zone checkbox, as appropriate for both throttles - you cannot have this different for each throttle device., And if you want the full range of the throttle (i.e. -16283 to +16383), then you need to set
    UseAxisControlsForNRZ=Yes
in your [JoystickCalibration.747] section. Please see the Advanced User guide on this setting,

As you are using 2 throttles on one device and 2 on another, it may be difficult to calibrate for both, especially if one device has a reverse zone (or reverse button trigger) and the other not.  You need to assign/calibrate to what works for you.

Also, I recommend you change:

[Profile.747]
1=PMDG 747-8 Lufthansa (D-ABYT | 2015)
2=PMDG 747-8F UPS Airlines (N606UP | 2017 | UPS)

to

[Profile.747]
1=PMDG 747

John

John,

Here's an updated file with all 4 throttles calibrated the same. It solved the reverser issue. Throttles 1 and 2 operate as they should. The issue now is that throttles 3 and 4 go from 0 - full thrust with very little movement of the actual throttles.

To trouble shoot so far, I've double checked that nothing in the P3D key or axis assignments are active. They are all clear. I've also used the Saitek calibration to confirm that they appear to be working ok. It appears so.  Also reverser 4 is much slower to activate than reversers for 1,2 and 3. 

Any ideas?

Ryan

FSUIPC6.ini

1 hour ago, Blaster254 said:

The issue now is that throttles 3 and 4 go from 0 - full thrust with very little movement of the actual throttles.

This issue is usually do to the axes being registered as digital on/off axis. See the following FAQ entry on how to resolve this: 

John