The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG Panel Autosave even with option disabled

Colin Levy

x9v4qbj.jpeg

Every 1.5 minutes FSUIPC does a panel state save for the PMDG, even after going in the FSUIPC option and making sure Enable Autosave was unchecked. 

The freeze lasts anywhere from 7-12 seconds. I know it takes time for such complex aircraft, but its more of an annoyance. 

I read some similar topics on here and went into my anti virus and made an exception for the state save folder, but that did not change anything.

I had FSUIPC uninstalled and all was well, until I realized I needed it installed...Is there any other way to disable it, maybe in the config file or something?

Edited by Colin Levy

If AutoSave is not checked, then it should be disabled...

Can you please set a Log->Custom value of x4 - this will then log all auto-save activity. Then show me / attach both your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files from when you experience this issue. Make sure that you have exited FSUIPC7 before attaching the files.

@John Dowson

Just finished a flight. Made sure FSUIPC had Enable Auto Save unchecked (as shown in photo) and even before leaving the gate it was already doing a panel save. In the air is still did the panel saves every 1.5 to 2 minutes.

I have attached both the ini and log file after I closed MSFS and FSUIPC. 

It is happening only with PMDG. Tried the Fenix A320 and some other various payware airliners and no panel save happening.

ay9SW2Y.png

fsuipc7.log FSUIPC7.ini

You didn't set the custom logging for auto-save, as advised...

However, looking at your files I don't think that it is FSUIPC that is initiating the panel state save. The file being saved is called ACARS Flight.sav - do you have an acars system also running, possibly an FSUIPC client application? If so, please check this. That file name must be coming from somewhere, and its not FSUIPC...

John