The simFlight Network Forums

Readin Camera 6DOF values

kaha

Is there a possibility to read the 6DOF values of the current camera? Offsets 0x86A0 to 0x86B4 are write only.

By the way: Offset 0x8320 is readable (still red in "FSUIPC Offsets Status.pdf".

Karl

2 hours ago, kaha said:

Is there a possibility to read the 6DOF values of the current camera? Offsets 0x86A0 to 0x86B4 are write only.

No, sorry - there is currently no camera interface in the MSFS SDK and the 6D0F functions are also not available - those offsets shouldn't be used. I will mark them as such.

2 hours ago, kaha said:

By the way: Offset 0x8320 is readable (still red in "FSUIPC Offsets Status.pdf".

Ok, that is interesting - I will check this and mark it as available..

John

9 minutes ago, kaha said:

Actually I use offsets 0x86A0 to 0x86B4 to set (and store) my own camera views and to restore them at the press of a button. Please don't make them inactive.

Ok, so they work - that is interesting, and rather surprising. The SimConnect_CameraSetRelative6DOF function is no longer documented in MSFS, so shouldn't be available, although it does still exist. It was previously documented as "No error, No response" (i.e. not working), not sure when it was removed. i won't be making any changes to this, except maybe in the documentation.

John

Ok. As you explain it it might as well disappear in the future, maybe it will get substituted by something else. But for now it's my only possibility to store and recall my own camera views.

Thank you,

Karl