The simFlight Network Forums

Headwind a330

Hi 👋 

im really new to msfs, however I have used p3d v5 in the past along with fsuipc.

I just purchased fsuipc7 and have msfs with the headwind a330

i also have a joystick and throttle.

I’ve successfully managed to map some buttons on the joystick and keyboard to different buttons on the pmdg 737 from within fsuipc-button assignments and then selected preset and scrolled down to the pmdg Boeing 737

i also have the fenix and I’m sure I’ll be able to assign the physical buttons to buttons on the fenix using this method.

My issue however is that I don’t see any such preset for the headwind a330neo?

do I need to download something or do something extra to enable this?

I also remember with p3d I could create a mouse macro and assign that to a key or button. Is that no longer possible?

Lastly I’m very sorry if this information is mentioned somewhere. I’ve just been through several hospital visits and don’t know if I have much time before my next round so I want to make the most use of the time I have and sim 😊

Regards

Clinton.

14 minutes ago, Clinton Fernandes Royston said:

My issue however is that I don’t see any such preset for the headwind a330neo?

do I need to download something or do something extra to enable this?

The presets provided are a community effort, led by MobiFlight. If there are currently no presets available for this aircraft, it is because nobody has yet submitted any. 
You can define your own presets if you like, using the myevents.txt file (see Advanced user guide, WASM section). You should also submit any presets you create to MF, so that they can be used by others.

However, looking at the Headwind A330, it does say that it is based on the FBW A32NX, so you may find that many of the presets for that aircraft also work with the A330. 

2 minutes ago, Clinton Fernandes Royston said:

Is there a way maybe where I can click on a button for example and see what the corresponding action would be?

Activate logging for Events (Log->Events) and open the logging console (Log->Open Console) and see if anything is logged.

However, at the moment, since the latest SU release, many events are not logged as they are now using the new *_EX1 event system. I have an update for this to be able to catch such events, but this is not yet released. This will be in the next release (7.3.21).

Also note that only standard events/controls are logged. You will not see any preset names being logged, as these are not actually used by the aircraft. The code for a preset mimicks what happens when a VC control is activated.