The simFlight Network Forums

Fsuipc and Fenix stutter on touchdown

janspeed

Hi.  I am still having an issue with fsuipc and fenix on touchdown.   My sim pauses like 3 seconds on touchdown.   I have the latest version as of today Jun 1 2023 and also updated nvidia driver on a 4090. I also have inserted in the NumberOfPumps=0 in the fsuipc ini file.  I tried turning off fsuipc and all is smooth.  Thanks.  I have a paid version of Fsuipc btw if that matters.  Thanks.

56 minutes ago, janspeed said:

I also have inserted in the NumberOfPumps=0 in the fsuipc ini file

That is the default and not needed.

57 minutes ago, janspeed said:

My sim pauses like 3 seconds on touchdown.

Every time? Do you have auto-save enabled? 

FSUIPC doesn't do anything special on touchdown. Do you see anything in your FSUIPC7.log file? You can post/attach it here, but it would be better if you could try landing with the FSUIPC logging console open (Log -> Open Console...) and see what, if anything, is logged when this occurs.

Tested now. Re installed and reintered Pumps0 and did not get the stutter pause on touchdown but saw this on the log.  What does this mean?  No auto save from fsuipc.

Console Started ...

113063 -------------------- Starting everything now ----------------------
   113188  [ERROR]: **** The installed WASM version is 1.0.2 while the WAPI is expecting WASM version 1.0.0. Please update the WASM module as this may cause issues.
   114204 Lvars received: 2317 L:vars & 220 H:vars now available
   114204 Lvars/Hvars received - checking aircraft autos....
   115438  [ERROR]: **** The installed WASM version is 1.0.2 while the WAPI is expecting WASM version 1.0.0. Please update the WASM module as this may cause issues.
   116454 Lvars received: 2318 L:vars & 220 H:vars now available
   117469  [ERROR]: **** The installed WASM version is 1.0.2 while the WAPI is expecting WASM version 1.0.0. Please update the WASM module as this may cause issues.
   118469 Lvars received: 2355 L:vars & 220 H:vars now available

What version of FSUIPC7 are you using? You say you are using the latest as-of today, but 7.3.20 is the latest and should be using WAPI 1.0.2.  Check the version logged at the top of your FSUIPC7.log file.

Those warnings indicate a mismatch between the installed version of FSUIPC7 and the FSUIPC WASM module, but should not cause any issues. To resolve, make sure you are running the latest version of FSUIPC7, which I don't think you can be...

John

1 hour ago, janspeed said:

Latest and then i patched the exe with the older one found on the thread above.

But why are you doing this? That thread is old and the version there is older than the released version, which is also why you are getting those warnings. Please try the latest released version.

11 minutes ago, janspeed said:

Coz its still pausing on touchdown.

But you still need to use the latest version, which includes the changes in that older beta version.

As i said previously, please try with the console log open, and see what, if anything, is logged just before this pause, during and after - and using the latest released version.

15 minutes ago, janspeed said:

Now i Installed again the newest one without the extras and only fsuipc.  No pauses on touchdown.  The problem now is I cant use my Java Simulations glare fcu panel coz i think it requires the other files.  If its the other files thats causing this, would u know any workaround?

Did you install the WASM? Can you try with that installed, but without any other software (e.g. your Java Simulations glare fcu panel) to see if you get this pause/stutter then.

Also try with the MSFS console window open (you need to be in dev mode), and see if MSFS is reporting anything.

Hi John.  I isolated the issue and found out it is not FSUIPC causing it.  So sorry.  GSX was the culprit.  I deactivated it and now its smooth with the newest fsuipc running.  Didnt even add the pumps=0 line.  Thank you so much for help and support.  

24 minutes ago, janspeed said:

Didnt even add the pumps=0 line. 

As I said, that is not needed in the latest version as that is now the default. You need to set this to the appropriate number if you want the pump offsets populated - see the Offset status document for details.

25 minutes ago, janspeed said:

Thank you so much for help and support.  

No problem. Glad you isolated the issue - and maybe you should report this to GSX.

Regards,

John