The simFlight Network Forums

Upgrading from Ver 5 to Ver 6

I am currently using a registered V5 for P3D v4.5.  I am considering upgrading to the registered V6.  Version 5 does all I need it to, but I'm having issues with my VAs ACARS that they thin might be related to the version of FSUIPC that I run, that's why I'm thinking about upgrading.  If I do so, would I lose all my current settings, aircraft config files, etc?  I don't really want to have to set everything up again from scratch. 

Thanks in advance :)

9 minutes ago, atrcaptainjohn said:

Version 5 does all I need it to, but I'm having issues with my VAs ACARS that they thin might be related to the version of FSUIPC that I run

I don't think the version is the problem, and updating to v6 probably won't fix this, whatever the issue is. I could provide you with a trial/time-limited license if you would like to try it.

11 minutes ago, atrcaptainjohn said:

If I do so, would I lose all my current settings, aircraft config files, etc? 

No - you just need to rename your FSUIPC5.ini to FSUIPC6.ini and your settings will be preserved.

John

Let me see what the dev team comes up with for an answer.  I certainly don't mind buying the new version, your software has been very good to me over the years.  But then again, if it wouldn't fix my issues I don't see any reason to change.  I just wanted to make sure that if I do I didn't have to start from scratch 🙂  Thanks for the assistance, you guys are the best!!