The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC6 stops working PMDG 747-8F P3D 5.3 Saitek Yoke Quadrant

New problem.

I have Saitek Yoke with throttles and an additional Throttle quadrant. I also have Saitek rudder pedals.

Todays flight all running smooth. On decent, FSUIPC has stopped reading the yoke and throttles. I checked the calibration in FSUIPC. Rudder pedals fine, additional throttles fine. Yoke and throttle dead to FSUIPC. I changed USB ports. Nothing. I ran the Saitek properties test. The yoke and throttle are working fine. I am baffled.

FSUIPC6.JoyScan.csv FSUIPC6.ini

Could you please also attach your FSUIPC6.ini file the next time you show me your files.

Have you installed any saitek drivers? If so, please remove them and let windows install the default windows drivers.

There is certainly something strange going on.... first, the joyscan file shows only 3 HID devices, and all showing the same GUID:

,,, HIDscanning completed

N, x00, x06A3, x0763, , -1, -1, 0, {NULL}, {NULL}, {5A3D6E80-F652-11ED-8002-444553540000}, Y, N
N, x00, x06A3, x0C2D, , -1, -1, 0, {NULL}, {NULL}, {5A3D6E80-F652-11ED-8002-444553540000}, Y, N
N, x00, x06A3, x0BAC, , -1, -1, 0, {NULL}, {NULL}, {5A3D6E80-F652-11ED-8002-444553540000}, Y, N

And in your registry, there are multiple entries for the yoke with one using the same id as one of your throttle quadrants:

,,, REGscanning completed

N, x00, x06A3, x0763, Flight Rudder Pedals, -1, 0, 0, {NULL}, {5A3D6E80-F652-11ED-8002-444553540000}, {5A3D6E80-F652-11ED-8002-444553540000}, Y, Y
N, x00, x06A3, x0C2D, Flight Throttle Quadrant (USB), -1, 0, 0, {NULL}, {5A3D6E80-F652-11ED-8002-444553540000}, {5A3D6E80-F652-11ED-8002-444553540000}, Y, Y
N, x00, x06A3, x0C2D, Flight Throttle Quadrant (USB), -1, 2, 0, {NULL}, {5A473280-F652-11ED-8004-444553540000}, {NULL}, N, Y
N, x00, x06A3, x0BAC, Flight Yoke System, -1, 2, 0, {NULL}, {5A473280-F652-11ED-8004-444553540000}, {NULL}, N, Y
N, x00, x06A3, x0BAC, Flight Yoke System, -1, 1, 0, {NULL}, {5A470B70-F652-11ED-8003-444553540000}, {NULL}, N, N

And your ini file shows only one throttle quadrant and the yoke detected, missing your pedals and 2nd throttle quadrant:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=Flight Throttle Quadrant (USB)
0.GUID={5A3D6E80-F652-11ED-8002-444553540000}
2=Flight Yoke System
2.GUID={5A473280-F652-11ED-8004-444553540000}

The first thing to do is to switch to using JoyLetters - this helps prevent issues and aids recovery when ids and guids change in the registry. To do this, change the AutoAssignLetters ini parameter in your [JoyNames] section (shown above) from No to Yes. Then run P3D/FSUIPC and exit. This will update your ini to use JoyLetters.

After that, you need to clean the registry entries. To do this, first run regedit and take a back-up of your registry, then exit regedit. Disconnect your yoke and throttles, and download and run (i.e. double-click it in windows explorer) the attached regedit script: removeDevices.reg

Then reboot your PC, and then reconnect your yoke and throttle. Run P3D with FSUIPC6 - just load an aircraft and then exit. Then show me/attach your updated 3 files - FSUIPC6.log, FSUIPC6.ini and FSUIPC6.JoyScan.csv,

John

Looks a lot better... Only one throttle quadrant is recognised, but I think one is attached to the yoke and so the axis/buttons look like they are coming from the yoke.

Can you replace your ini with the attached (I have just removed some unnecessary JoyName entries and assigned different letters) and then start P3D/FSUIPC and see if everything is recognised, and if your assignments are still valid.

Any issues let me know and re-attach those 3 updated files.

Thanks,

John

FSUIPC6.ini

Hi John,

Sorry. I'm just uploading again to see if everything looks ok or is it a mess again. Just completed a flight. All was good until landing. Then the throttles went crazy. I had to disconnect both throttles and re attach for them to return to working order.

I wonder, could it be a defective throttle quadrant? I'm beginning to suspect it is.

Ryan

FSUIPC6.JoyScan.csv FSUIPC6.log FSUIPC6.ini

32 minutes ago, Blaster254 said:

I had to disconnect both throttles and re attach for them to return to working order.

You should not do this when FSUIPC is running. It looks like this has caused some strange issues....can you delete this from the [JoyNames] section of your FSUIPC6.ini:

A=Flight Throttle Quadrant (USB)
    A.GUID={5A3D6E80-F652-11ED-8002-444553540000}

The quadrant was recognised with the same GUID as your rudder pedals for some reason.

Can you check that the power saving/allow sleep setting is disabled on all of your USB hub devices (in windows Device Manager). The most common cause of this issue is that windows has put the devices to sleep.

Otherwise,  I am not sure what could cause this. The next time it happens, pause the sim and open FSUIPC and see if your throttle assignments are recognised in the Axis assignment tab.
Also, set logging for Axes Controls, Events (non-axes controls) and Buttons & Keys. Then un-pause the sim and move the throttles and rudder, and press a few buttons on each device. Then exit and show me the files. Do not unplug and re-connect your controllers.

Thanks,

John

9 hours ago, Blaster254 said:

Ok this time Throttle 2 just stops working completely on approach.

What do you mean by "Throttle 2"?  For the 747, you have the following throttle assignment on axes:

6=YU,256,D,9,12,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle1, Throttle4 }-
7=YV,256,D,10,11,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2, Throttle3 }-

Looks like these are assigned to the quadrant attached to your yoke, and as you have an exes assigned to both throttle2 and throttle 3. Are you saying that this assignment continues to work for throttle 3 but not for throttle 2? When this occurs, if you go into the axes assignment tab. do you see these assignments when you move the throttle?

You also have the following throttle decrement control assigned to buttons:

16=RT,8,C65971,0     -{THROTTLE2_DECR}-
17=RY,20,C65976,0     -{THROTTLE3_DECR}-
21=RY,21,C65602,0     -{THROTTLE_DECR}-

Here you have a repeat throttle 2 decrement assignment on a button on your 2nd throttle quadrant. Also strange as nothing for engines 1 and 4. As you are controlling engines 1 and 4 on one axes, and 2 and 3 on another, I would have thought the decrement controls for 1 and 4 should also be on one button, and for 2 and 3 on another.

You have also assigned with 'Direct to FSUIPC calibration' but have not calibrated your throttles. You should always calibrate an axes when assigned in this way.

10 hours ago, Blaster254 said:

When landing i select reversers.

How are you doing this? I see no assignments to reversers.

This is only an issue on the PMDG 747. No issues with any other aircraft

Then it does sound like an issue with your PMDG 747 configuration, I don't understand how this can just affect throttle 2...

The log file is far too big to send now via here

Try compressing / zipping it.

13 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Are you saying that this assignment continues to work for throttle 3 but not for throttle 2? When this occurs, if you go into the axes assignment tab. do you see these assignments when you move the throttle?

Yes that is absolutely correct. And I tried assigning to the throttles individually too using all for from the yoke and throttle quadrant. Same thing happens.

14 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Ok this time Throttle 2 just stops working completely on approach.

What do you mean by "Throttle 2"?  For the 747, you have the following throttle assignment on axes:

6=YU,256,D,9,12,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle1, Throttle4 }-
7=YV,256,D,10,11,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2, Throttle3 }-

Looks like these are assigned to the quadrant attached to your yoke, and as you have an exes assigned to both throttle2 and throttle 3. Are you saying that this assignment continues to work for throttle 3 but not for throttle 2? When this occurs, if you go into the axes assignment tab. do you see these assignments when you move the throttle?

You also have the following throttle decrement control assigned to buttons:

16=RT,8,C65971,0     -{THROTTLE2_DECR}-
17=RY,20,C65976,0     -{THROTTLE3_DECR}-
21=RY,21,C65602,0     -{THROTTLE_DECR}-

Here you have a repeat throttle 2 decrement assignment on a button on your 2nd throttle quadrant. Also strange as nothing for engines 1 and 4. As you are controlling engines 1 and 4 on one axes, and 2 and 3 on another, I would have thought the decrement controls for 1 and 4 should also be on one button, and for 2 and 3 on another.

You have also assigned with 'Direct to FSUIPC calibration' but have not calibrated your throttles. You should always calibrate an axes when assigned in this way.

As for this. I had them calibrated. Then reset. I’ve tried everything. When I start the flight and during cruise, all works absolutely fine.

it’s the decent and landing that something is changing the assignments and settings!

I cannot figure out what it is.

The only other possible cause could be the pause at TOD from FSHUD. But I’ve turned all the sleep modes off. I can’t figure out how the assignments are changing between a pause and me Leaving the sim for a period of time and when I return for decent, boom it all goes mad

ryan 

So if I were to start a flight now, it would all automatically be in working order. I’m currently using QW 787-9. Yes two engine but all is good. No issues with two engine. That includes PMDG 777 and 737. 

so I’ve so far eliminated faulty saitek products other than a slightly dodgy  axis on the throttle quadrant    

10 minutes ago, Blaster254 said:

The only other possible cause could be the pause at TOD from FSHUD. But I’ve turned all the sleep modes off. I can’t figure out how the assignments are changing between a pause and me Leaving the sim for a period of time and when I return for decent, boom it all goes mad

Have you tried without FSHUD running, and without pausing for decent? What other software/utilities/add-ons do you have running? Maybe try without anything running other than FSUIPC, and then add other utilities you may use back one by one.
Also, check any throttle calibration utilities in the aircraft itself - does it have throttle calibration in the EFB? If so, check that.

FSUIPC does not know or change anything in different flight stages.

Ok. One other thing you can try to aid you in this is to keep the FSUIPC logging console window open, and monitor the events shown around the time your throttle 2 starts to fail.

Some people also have issues with PMDG aircraft throttle assignments when calibrated in FSUIPC due to priority issues. I don't think this is your issue, as your problem only seems to be with throttle 2, which is strange. But you could try switching the assignments to Send to FS as normal axis, and making sure that no calibration is applied in FSUIPC.

Regards,

John