The simFlight Network Forums

v7.3.21 for MSFS install ERROR

FreeemanCZ

Did you uncompress/extract the installer from the zip file before running it? If not, try that.
I am pretty sure there is no problem with the installer - this would have been reported many times already if there was. Maybe the download is corrupt - try downloading it again.

You can also try deselecting the documentation installation.

Check your antivirus to see if this is blocking the installation. Otherwise I have no idea what could be causing this. There is nothing wrong with the installer....

The FS12 documentation is installed by the Extras -> FS-Interrogate 2.

Maybe try just selecting FSUIPC7 and the WASM module....

John

What happens when you click OK on the error message? Is an InstallFSUIPC7.log file produced, and if so please attach it.

Are you using OneDrive or another cloud back-up service on your Windows Documents folder?

13 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Maybe try just selecting FSUIPC7 and the WASM module....

If this works, show me the InstallFSUIPC7.log file from the install.

12 minutes ago, FreeemanCZ said:

So this is working for me, but unable to do (if I needed it) full install... why...?

The installer cannot write to your windows Documents folder: C:\Users\Yoshua\Documents\FSUIPC7
Is that the correct location? If so, I can only think that it is a permissions/UAC issue....

6 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

The installer cannot write to your windows Documents folder: C:\Users\Yoshua\Documents\FSUIPC7
Is that the correct location? If so, I can only think that it is a permissions/UAC issue....

Yes, that is correct location, older version of FSUIPC installed fine, but this with that issues

4 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Does it work if you select auto-start? You should also select that, otherwise you will have to manually start FSUIPC7 when needed.

I dont need the Auto Start, because not using FSUIPC all times, when using MSFS, so its fine for me

4 minutes ago, FreeemanCZ said:

Yes, that is correct location, older version of FSUIPC installed fine, but this with that issues

Presuming there is enough disk space, I can't think of anything that would cause this except the security/permissions on this folder. Check those.

There is no change in the installer, only the exe and a few other files/documents have been updated. 

7 minutes ago, FreeemanCZ said:

I dont need the Auto Start, because not using FSUIPC all times, when using MSFS, so its fine for me

Ok

• 3 weeks later...

I had problems trying to install the latest fsuipc7 version. The only way I got the install to work was to install it under Windows 8 compatibility. I use Windows 11. I then rebooted and everything seems to be working fine so far.