Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG DC-6 Prop Pitch Axis Unresponsive


vanislepilot

Recommended Posts

Hi. I updated to the latest Jun 9 version FSUIPC and I have noticed the PMDG DC-6's prop pitch axis (EX1) has become unresponsive. The axis assignment hasn't changed, and I have noticed now that moving the assigned axes (I have tested individual controllers one at a time) only triggers a step change to full pitch or min pitch depending on inversion setting. When I close FSUIPC, the axis is able to be mapped in MSFS without issue, so there is some interaction with FSUIPC that is causing the issue.

I have checked my settings and noted "ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes" was set, so I tried altering that to =Off with no success. Please find my log and config file attached.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

 

Troy

FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7.ini

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, vanislepilot said:

I have noticed now that moving the assigned axes (I have tested individual controllers one at a time) only triggers a step change to full pitch or min pitch depending on inversion setting. When I close FSUIPC, the axis is able to be mapped in MSFS without issue, so there is some interaction with FSUIPC that is causing the issue.

That is strange - this is usually caused by the axis being registered/changed to be a digital on/off axis in your windows registry. There is a FAQ entry on how to dix this issue - see 

However, before doing this I will give you the previous version to test - you should get the same issue with that version if this is the issue. Will be tomorrow now though...

6 minutes ago, vanislepilot said:

I have checked my settings and noted "ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes" was set, so I tried altering that to =Off with no success.

Should be =No not =Off (but I think this is what you meant, looking at your ini), but this should not make a difference as the _EX1 controls should not be affected...

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, John Dowson said:

However, before doing this I will give you the previous version to test - you should get the same issue with that version if this is the issue. Will be tomorrow now though...

Sorry for the delay - this is the previous version, v7.3.20: FSUIPC7.exe

If you get the same issue with that version, then the issue will be that your registry has this axis defined as a digital axis, and you need to follow the instructions in that post I referenced in my previous column. If it works with this version, I will investigate in more detail.

Thanks,

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2023 at 10:54 PM, vanislepilot said:

With the exe, do I just replace it with the current exe in my FSUIPC folder?

Yes.

On 6/23/2023 at 10:54 PM, vanislepilot said:

The issue was not unique to one specific controller, as I had tested it across 3 different joysticks.

Ah, ok then, so its the actual assignment then....Try the previous version but I think you will get the same problem...
If you do, revert back to the latest version and remove the calibration that you have on the prop-pitch axis for the DC-6, either in FSUIPC's calibration tab  or by removing the following line from your [JoystickCalibration.DC-6] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file (when FSUIPC7 not running):
    PropPitch=-16384,16383
If you get the same issue, activate logging for Axes controls, then exit FSUIPC7. Start FSUIPC7 again, wait for about a minute for everything to get loaded/started, then move the prop-pitch axis through its full range and back again, then exit FSUIPC7 and attach the FSUIPC7.log file.

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2023 at 3:05 PM, John Dowson said:

Yes.

Ah, ok then, so its the actual assignment then....Try the previous version but I think you will get the same problem...
If you do, revert back to the latest version and remove the calibration that you have on the prop-pitch axis for the DC-6, either in FSUIPC's calibration tab  or by removing the following line from your [JoystickCalibration.DC-6] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file (when FSUIPC7 not running):
    PropPitch=-16384,16383
If you get the same issue, activate logging for Axes controls, then exit FSUIPC7. Start FSUIPC7 again, wait for about a minute for everything to get loaded/started, then move the prop-pitch axis through its full range and back again, then exit FSUIPC7 and attach the FSUIPC7.log file.

John

Hi John, thanks for the help. I tried to delete any prop pitch axis assignment prior to replacing the exe, and then re-assigned and it looks like all is up and running again now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With version 7.3.20 or 7.3.21?  If its working with 7.3.20, can you try 7.3.21 again please. Before re-installing, just rename your FSUIPC7.exe to FSYUPC7.exe.7320 so that, after the newer version is installed you can easily switch back to the older version if needed.

If its now working in 7.3.21, I don't know what could have caused this temporary issue...
If its working in 7.3.20 but not un 7.3.21, I will need to look into the cause...

Thanks,

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.