The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS 2020 and FSUIPC7

Rahul Sharma

Hello, I am brand new to MSFS2020 and using FSUIPC7. I have read all there is to read about the new FSUIPC running outside the sim etc etc. I open MSFS by clicking on the desktop icon that also opens FSUIPC7. I can confirm that FSUIPC is running when the MSFS is open.  Perhaps I am not getting it, but I just cannot access FSUIPC7 by pressing ALT+F or indeed from the systems tray. I see the icon in the tray after I press ALT+F4, but nothing happens after clicking on SHOW. I have also tried removing the Windows.ini file from FSUIPC.ini. No joy. I am not sure what I am doing wrong and how to correct it. I can see two icons in the toolbar....the MSFS and the FSUIPC, telling me both are running. But how do I open FSUIPC to calibrate controls etc. I am also running PROSIM737. Both the FSUIPC and PROMSIM are fully paid for and registered. I have been using FSUIPC since it was first launched years ago and was mighty pleased with the results till now. 

I have a full SIMWORLD MIP with their CDU's, FSC Motorized TQ, Agron Yokes and Pedals, CP Flight Pro MCP. EFISs' and with a full CP Flight Central Radio Console, FSC Steering Tiler with FSC Stick Shakers, plus original IPECO Boeing 737 seats with J-rails .  Had no issue when using this set-up with FSX and Windows 7.  Using two networked PCs. One for the PROSIM system and central display (3, 42inch monitors) and the other for the PROSIM displays. Just upgraded to MSFS2020 reluctantly and have now got stuck with FSUIPC. 

Please help. Thanks. 

If you see FSUIPC7 in the task bar after pressing Alt+F then the window must have been opened, and if you cannot see it then it is either positioned off-screen or is being hidden by another window.

15 hours ago, Rahul Sharma said:

I have also tried removing the Windows.ini file from FSUIPC.ini.

If you mean the Window entry from the FSUIPC7.ini file, then this is what you need to do, but make sure you do this when FSUIPC7 isn't running.

John

Thanks John. Unfortunately no other window is open or another program running. Yes I did delete the .ini file when FSUIPC was not running. 
Could it be that I have installed FSUIPC from within the zip folder? I did not download the zip file onto the desktop and then install it? 
Should I then uninstall it and reinstall it correctly? 

2 minutes ago, Rahul Sharma said:

Could it be that I have installed FSUIPC from within the zip folder?

Possibly - you should always extract the installer from the zip file before running it. I have seen strange issues when running the installer from within the zip file itself.

4 minutes ago, Rahul Sharma said:

Should I then uninstall it and reinstall it correctly? 

You can just install again - this will uninstall the current installation before proceeding,

• 2 months later...