The simFlight Network Forums

FCR only creates flt and spb files

I just bought FCR v5.0.2304.1, and I'm using it with MSFS. When I select the tool from the MSFS toolbar, and hit Record, it does seem to record the flight, and indeed the Stop button appears to stop the recording, but I don't seem to be able to load the flight using the Load button. When I check the contents of the folder where flights are saved, I see a flt file and spb file with the correct file prefix, but no fcr file. I believe I need a fcr file as well in order to load the flight. Why am i not getting a fcr file? I'll attach an image of my options below.

Image1.jpg

• 10 months later...

I note you post this as a common response but don't provide steps in hiw to fix this.   

I have never had such issues before with permissions on folders and have been using flight sims for 30 years.

Can you please provide steps on how to resolve this problem

I note you post this as a common response but don't provide steps in hiw to fix this.   

I have never had such issues before with permissions on folders and have been using flight sims for 30 years.  If it was admin right issues it would not allow any files to be written to the directory.

Can you please provide steps on how to resolve this problem

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

I had the exact same problem today.  I definitely have Admin rights and definitely ran the program with the "Run As Administrator" option.  The files shown in the pic were saved to my regular Documents folder.  Disappointing because the flight I thought I was recording had some great stuff in it.    

I did have one flight that got saved to an FCR file so I know that the basics must be in place, and I used the Fly-By and Ghostplane features as well.   Screenshot attached.

I see that I'm not the only one reporting this problem.  This causes me concern as I have already lost a great flight;  I need to be able to trust it to work every time.  

I'm hoping you can reply with some helpful information.

Scrnsht FCR files.png