The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle config for PMDG 747 with Honeycomb Bravo

I have FSUIPC V6 with Prepar3DV5.3. Before I purchased my Honeycomb Alpha Bravo Throttle, I was using the thrustmaster airbus A320 throttle assembly.  I was able to configure the 2 throttles to my PMDG 747-8 using Engine No1 for the 747-8 eng 1 and 2  and I could also configure engine 2 for 747-8 engies 3 and 4.

I installed a fresh copy of FSUIPCV6 and I am no longer able to assign eng 1 and eng 2 for my 747-8, all I can assign is Throttle1 Throttle 2 Throttle 3  and Throttle 4 (this takes  the Rz axis I need for my mixture and propellor levers

When I configure the throttles 1,2,3,and 4, I am unable to assign my Mixture lever and Propeller lever in my light aircraft lever set up. as the last 2 lever spots are assigned to the 747-8 engines 3 and 4

Hope you can help please

Regards

Rick

• John Dowson changed the title to Throttle config for PMDG 747 with Honeycomb Bravo

Please give a relevant title to your support requests, not just your user name, as this can attract other users who may be able to help. I have updated the title for you.

I am sorry but I do not understand your problem. You can assign any lever to individual or multiple throttles. It is up to you how you want to assign your different levers.
You can assign one axis to control multiple engines, or use individual axis for each throttle, it is up to you. What do you want to assign, and why is this not possible?

3 hours ago, Rick_hang said:

using Engine No1 for the 747-8 eng 1 and 2 

This doesn't make any sense to me. Do you mean using one axis to control (throttle on) engines 1 and 2?

3 hours ago, Rick_hang said:

I am no longer able to assign eng 1 and eng 2 for my 747-8, all I can assign is Throttle1 Throttle 2 Throttle 3  and Throttle 4

This doesn't make sense either. You can assign an axis to throttle on engines 1 & 2, or assign them on individual axes.

Can you please clarify what your issue is please.

John

Thank you for your reply and support.  My only problem is I am no longer able to assign engine 1 lever to engine 1 and 2 and Unable to assign engine lever 2 to engines 3 and 4, as when I scroll down the list, these assignments (Engine Throttle 1&2, Engine Throttle 3 &4) are no longer listed. The only assignments I am able to assign are Throttle 1, Throttle 2, Throttle 3, Throttle 4.  I will send you a screen dump off my FSUIPC next message,

Regards

Richard

There are no engine 1,2,3,4 assignments and never have been. I am not sure what such assignments would even do....The throttle axis is always assigned to the throttle controls to control the engine power/rpm..
There are two distinct controls lists for axes assignments - one which goes directly to FSUIPC calibration (available when checking Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration), and the other containing the remaining FS axis controls and lua and macro entries (available when selecting Send to FS as normal axis. 

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry I may have misled you in my description. What I meant is: When I  go to set my throttle lever No.1 and assign it to the FSUIPC drop down box, there is no longer the option to assign that throttle lever to Throttle 1 and throttle 2. and no longer able to set my throttle 2 to the FSUIPC drop down box to throttles 2 and 4. (so therefore I am unable to set the 2 throttle levers to operate the 4 throttles. As the only options available now are Throttles 1,2,3,4 separately.  Hope it is a much better description. Many thanks for your time it is appreciated

Regards

Richard Swan

2 hours ago, Rick_hang said:

When I  go to set my throttle lever No.1 and assign it to the FSUIPC drop down box, there is no longer the option to assign that throttle lever to Throttle 1 and throttle 2.

Why not? You can assign an axis to up to 4 distinct controls. Check the checkbox next to the first first checkbox and select Throttle1, then check the checkbox for the second dropdown and select Throttle2. This is the same as you would have assigned to your previous throttle. I do not understand why you are having such difficulties...

image.png.6a6fd320c99a7ad49db33080d884a842.png

John

Thanks for your reply. My problem was I  cant assign One lever to assign 2 throttles and the second lever to assign the other 2 throttles

So in other words I  am not able to assign the 2 levers to operate the 4 throttles.  (So at the moment my current only option is to assign all my 4 levers to 4 throttles as per your picture.

My previous FSUIPC gave me the option to assign my lever no 1 to throttles 1 &2 and My lever 2 to assign to throttles 3&4

Many thanks for your time and patience

Regards

Richard

You keep on saying the same thing, which is not correct. I have explained and shown you how to do this in my previous post, and you must also have done this with your previous throttle.
What is not clear about my previous explanation on how to do this?. Can you explain in more detail why you cannot assign as I have advised?

Thank you for your reply. We have at the moment  assigned our PMDG 747 4 levers  to Throttle 1, Throttle2, throttle 3, throttle  4 as shown in your diagram. However in our previous FSUIPC  in the drop down box we had the option to select 1&2 throttles and 3&4 throttles which we could then assign our 2 levers to operate the four throttles. In our new FSUIPC this option is no longer available. Hope this is much clearer.

Regards

Richard Swan

No, this is not clear at all. 

4 hours ago, Rick_hang said:

However in our previous FSUIPC  in the drop down box we had the option to select 1&2 throttles and 3&4 throttles

You are mistaken - there have NEVER been such options in the drop down. To assign to throttles 1 & 2, you assign as I have shown you, assigning the one axis to the two distinct controls.

You do not say which version of FSUIPC6 you update from, but I can guarantee that no  assignment options in the drop-downs have been removed.

You do not seem to be responding to anything I am saying, and just keep repeating the same thing which I keep telling you is not true. I see no point in continuing with this conversation.

John