The simFlight Network Forums

Limiting the number of saved flights

I have registered versions of FSUICP 4.97 on both my computers. The setting are exactly the same on both computers yet on one computer I can limit the number of flight saves but on the other the flights save at the required interval but keep on saving and are not limited to the number of settings.

Both computer are running on Windows 10 with FSX Steam Edition.

Any help would be appreciated,

Best regards,

Alan Platt

Please double-check your settings in FSUIPC's AutoSave/GPSOut panel. If you think FSUIPC is not respecting your settings,(which I doubt very much!), then please activate logging for autosave activity by adding the following to the [General] section of your FSUIPC4.ini file:
     Debug=Please
     LogExtras=x4

Then show me your FSUIPC4.ini and FSUIPC4.log files,

John

I have deleted FSUICP from the computer and re- installed it but still shows every saved flights rather than the set number of 5. I’m still not sure about the file location so will live with having to scroll through the saved flight if FSX crashed. At least I can get the flights back.

Many thanks,

Alan

9 minutes ago, Alan Platt said:

but still shows every saved flights rather than the set number of 5.

If you have changed this you may need to delete some files manually. The files managed by FSUIPC will be listed under the [AutoSave] section in your FSUIPC4.ini file.

13 minutes ago, Alan Platt said:

I’m still not sure about the file location

You can use a free program called Everything that is very useful for finding files - available from https://www.voidtools.com/

They should be in the following folder, relative to your main Steam folder: steamapps\common\FSX\Modules

John