The simFlight Network Forums

(MADDOG X) CONFIGURATION OF SPARK PLUG SELECTOR IN IGNITION SYSTEM (Overhead Panel)

hello friends.

I am trying to configure switches on the Overhead panel of my MD80 cockpit.

I am trying to do the configuration by means of PREPAR 3D5V + MADDOG X + FSUIPC6 + MOBIFLIGHT.

I don't have much experience yet on this topic but I'm trying to learn.

If anyone knows another site in the forum where I can find information on this topic or related manuals, I would appreciate it if you could tell me where to read.

I would like to know what possibilities I have to configure the Spark plug selection control.

I have tried it through Lua Macros but it only moves in one direction or another (depending if I configure with the right or left mouse button)

What solution would be possible to select the positions correctly:

- SYS A
- OFF
- SYS B
- BOTH
- OVDR

According to LINDA's reader (LINDA Tracer)

The corresponding Lvar is:       ovhd_ign_switch1

Thank you so much

Greetings friends😉

Sin título2.png

Sin título3.png

Sin título4.png

Sin título 4.png

The corresponding Lvar is:       ovhd_ign_switch1

On 7/30/2023 at 7:15 PM, MD80PROJECT said:

I have tried it through Lua Macros but it only moves in one direction or another (depending if I configure with the right or left mouse button)

Do you mean mouse macros or a lua script? Or possibly an lvar macro? Sounds more like a mouse macro.
if you can move in both directions, then why not have two mouse macro scripts, one for eaxh direction, and then assign to those?

Alternatively, if you want to set each position explicitly, then you can use an lvar macro, e.g. a macro file containing
      1=L:ovhd_ign_switch1=Set 
and then assign to that macro with the parameter (0,1,2,3,4) for each position.

On 8/1/2023 at 12:43 PM, John Dowson said:

Do you mean mouse macros or a lua script? Or possibly an lvar macro? Sounds more like a mouse macro.

Hello John.

I appreciate your time to answer my questions, I need to learn.

Exactly, I have tried to use a mouse macro for each position, but with a mouse macro it is only possible to program a single position on each side.

Alternatively, if you want to set each position explicitly, then you can use an lvar macro, e.g. a macro file containing

And how is this done?

It means that a text file with an extension (.MCRO) is created, and within it the programming code:

How is a Mcro Lvar file made? From where can it be made?
I apologize for my lack of experience.

and then assign to that macro with the parameter (0,1,2,3,4) for each position.

This is done through Mobiflight to assign the parameter in the macro (0, 1,  2, 3, 4)

Thank you very much for your response and your patience.

regards

14 hours ago, MD80PROJECT said:

And how is this done?

It means that a text file with an extension (.MCRO) is created, and within it the programming code

How is a Mcro Lvar file made? From where can it be made?

Please see the section Gauge local variable access (L:vars), by macro on page 39 of the Advanced User guide.

If using MobiFlight, you can also assign to just write the value to a spare/free FSUIPC offset, and gave a lua script that monitors the offset (using event.offset), and then when the offset changes you can update the lvar using ipc.writeLvar.
You can also have an offset for reading the value of the lvar, by having another lua script that monitors the lvar value (event.lvar) and writes the value to an offset when it is changed. Better to have the read/write offsets as distinct offsets, although you could use the same one if you prefer.