The simFlight Network Forums

Lvars and FSUIPC7

P-38L

Hello

* I have the updated MSFS2020.

* FSUIPC7 registered.

* KingAir analog aircraft from JusftFlight.

This is my current configuration in the FSUIPC7.ini

[Buttons]

PollInterval=25

ButtonRepeat=20,10

1=RA,8,CM1:442,1 -{Macro a32nxMCDU: L:var_avionicsMasterSwitch set}-

2=UA,8,CM1:442,0 -{Macro a32nxMCDU: L:var_avionicsMasterSwitch set}

I am programming the switch of the Avionics Master Switch. My JoyStick flips the switch On and Off (the animation shows the switch up and down on the plane panel) but does nothing on the plane. But if I use the mouse on that switch, then if it executes the action. if i use the Tools-Behavior-LocalVariables it shows 1 and 0 when i use the JoyStick and when i use the mouse. But it only does the action if I use only the mouse. It doesn't do the action if I use the JoyStick, even though the switch shows its movement up and down.

I would appreciate any help you can give me regarding this behavior.

Thank you

You may also need to send an event, with or without the lvar update. Set logging for Events in FSUIPC7 (Log->Events), open the console window (Log->Open Console) and see if any events are logged when you use the Avionics Master Switch in the VC with the mouse. If so you can use that. First try it on its own, as that may also trigger the lvar change (and animation). If not, you may need to send the control(s)/Event(s) as well as setting the lvar. You can do this by either overloading your assignment or creating your own preset.
But first you need to determine which, if any, of the standard MS controls/events it is using. It would normally be one of the AVIONICS_MASTER_* events, but for some aircraft this can be a combination of various electrical events.

I don't have the JF KingAir so cannot look into this for you, but if you try the above and report back any events you see, I can maybe help you set up a preset to use those events.
Alternatively, you could ask about this on the MobiFlight Discord channel (under the HubHop support channel).

Cheers,

John

13 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Hello Mr. John Dowson.

First of all, I want to thank you for your kind response.

I open the Log->Open Console and the results are when I use the switch in the JoyStick:

Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (C), Btn=0, Pressed

[Buttons] 5=UC,0,CM1:442,1

Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (C), Btn=0, Released

[Buttons] 6=UC,0,CM1:442,0

There is no other information displayed in the Console window. If I use the mouse, nothing appears in the Console.

If you wish, I can send you a copy of the airplane installer. Just let me know.

13 hours ago, P-38L said:

Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (C), Btn=0, Pressed

[Buttons] 5=UC,0,CM1:442,1

Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (C), Btn=0, Released

[Buttons] 6=UC,0,CM1:442,0

That is logging from Buttons & Keys (which I didn't ask you to set). Did you actually set logging for Events? If so, and none were reported, just try the standard events I mentioned to see if they have any affect.

13 hours ago, P-38L said:

If you wish, I can send you a copy of the airplane installer. Just let me know.

No. I don't have a license for this aircraft - it is payware.

John