The simFlight Network Forums

Problems with programming Fuel Selector for default aircraft

Demious

I'm working on a 'general assignment' profile, that is most functional for default aircraft, as well as as base for custom aircraft. For this I created a 4-step setup that is easy to adjust to my personal taste, for every aircraft that has to be adjusted.

The idea is to use compound buttons to use modifiers to work with 4 settings on 1 switch. I did this in the following way:

61=PB,141,C65962,1     -{FUEL_SELECTOR_SET}- (Both tanks)
62=CP(-A,6)(-A,7)B,142,C65962,0     -{FUEL_SELECTOR_SET}- (Off)
63=CP(+A,6)B,142,C65962,2     -{FUEL_SELECTOR_SET}- (Left Tank)
64=CP(+A,7)B,142,C65962,3     -{FUEL_SELECTOR_SET}- (Right tank)

But when I test with the default Cessna 172, the following is the result: Switch 141 (line 61) turns the virtual switch to on for both tanks (1), switch 142 with the modifier A,6 (line 63) turns the virtual switch to the left tank (2) and switch 142 with the modifier A,7 (line 64) turns the virtual switch to the right tank (3) and so far everything works as expected.

When I use this in the default Cessna 208B Grand Caravan, switch 141 (line 61) turns the virtual switches to on (1) and switch 142 (line 62) turns the virtual switch to off (0), so again, this works as expected.

However, when I'm in the default Cessna 172 and I use switch 142 (line 62), which should turn the virtual switch to off, as setting that is not present in this aircraft, I'd say the commands should be ignored, since there there is no position the virtual switch can go. But instead of not responding, the virtual switch turns to the left, which is a command that is reserved for the switch with the modifier A,6 (line 63). As you can see, I already made the Off-position (line 62) not respond to the modified commands, by adding the (-A,6)(-A,7), but this has no effect on the switch turning to the left tank when given the Off-command.

What can I do to keep the Off-command exclusive for the Off-position of the virtual switch?

17 hours ago, Demious said:

What can I do to keep the Off-command exclusive for the Off-position of the virtual switch?

Try using FUEL_SELECTOR_OFF (65955) instead of FUEL_SELECTOR_SET (65962) in assignment line 62.
If that doesn't work, let me know and I will take a look in more detail.

John