The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS 2020 and FSUIPC7 and Prosim737

Rahul Sharma

Hi Pete/John

Hope you are well.  I have a question that I am sure has been answered time and again by you gents. But me being a late convert to MSFS2020 (just this last month) I have some questions on how best to set up my Agronn Yokes and OpenCockpit Rudders. I have tried to seek help from numerous online tutorials to no avail. I have a fully paid up version of FSUIPC7

1. I use the "direct input choice box" in Prosim737 as also FSUPIC7 box. Have installed the FSUIPC7 correctly.

2. Have deleted the default profiles in MSFS2020 for all external controllers (Yokes, Rudders, Tiller) in MSFS2020 by going to the Control Settings selecting the "Agronn Yoke", "BU0386" for OC Rudders and deleting the profile

3. I have first calibrated the Yoke and Rudder in Windows (10)

4. Opened FSUIPC7 from inside MSFS (AltF) and scanned and calibrated both the Yokes and Rudders as also Steering Tiller" using  both "send direct to FSUIPC Calibration", which did not work.. and also used "send to FS as normal axis", which too did not work.  Numbers change showing FSUIPC recognizes the hardware and all show up when I press "rescan". FYI I used FSX till a few months ago and everything use to work like a breeze. I tried to just replicate what I did in FSUIPC4...but nothing works with MSFS2020

5. Similarly the switches that I set up in FSUIPC7...includes Elevator Trim Switches and Autopilot Disconnect both do not work in MSFS2020. They show up and work in FSUIPS (at the time of setup in Buttons and Switch Assignments).

6. Please note I have also tried from inside Prosim's calibration page using "combined config" to configure the Yoke, Rudder, and the Tiller, plus Yoke buttons...again no joy.  

What am I missing or not doing?  Please help. I am 60 years old and perhaps need a detailed input.

Many thanks and best...Rahul (all the way from Hong Kong)

I use: Simworld MIP and their AFT and FWD Overheads, CP Flight complete Pedestal and MCP Pro3, FSC Motorized TQ, FSC Stickshakers, FSC Control Load Steering Tiller, IPECO Capt and FO seats plus J-rails, Agronn Yokes (2) and Open Cockpit Rudder Pedals (2). Fully Licensed Prosim737 suite with MSFS2020 (pro).  

20 hours ago, Rahul Sharma said:

2. Have deleted the default profiles in MSFS2020 for all external controllers (Yokes, Rudders, Tiller) in MSFS2020 by going to the Control Settings selecting the "Agronn Yoke", "BU0386" for OC Rudders and deleting the profile

It is better to keep the default profiles, and just create a new (and empty) profile for your devices for FSUIPC.

What axis controls are you assigning to? There are several to choose from - if one doesn't work, try another. You can also try activating logging for Axes Controls (Log -> Axes Controls), open the logging console (Log -> Open Console), and see what is logged when you move the axis in the VC, and then use that.

But I don't have the ProSim 737 fir MSFS, so it is difficult for me to advise. I think there is/was an 'FSUIPC compatibility' mode that you may need to activate in ProSim. You should consult the ProSim documentation or ask on the ProSim forums