The simFlight Network Forums

Milviz Cessna 310 problems

Ferota

Hi. A few days ago, I think it was when upgrading to the latest version of FSUIPC for MSFS, my Milviz Cessna 310 controls for the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo got unconfigured. I have reconfigured it but now I can't get the landing lights to work (which have three positions) and also the "prime" switch to start each of the two engines. I used to have them configured with both buttons on the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo but now I don't know how to get it back. Any idea how I have to do it? Thanks in advance!!!

1 hour ago, Ferota said:

A few days ago, I think it was when upgrading to the latest version of FSUIPC for MSFS, my Milviz Cessna 310 controls for the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo got unconfigured. 

Updating FSUIPC should in no way affect your assignments, so something else must be going on. Such issues are usually caused by windows assigning a new id or guid to your controllers. Please attach your FSUIPC7.ini file and I will take a look - you should always attach this file if you have issues with assignments.

1 hour ago, Ferota said:

I have reconfigured it but now I can't get the landing lights to work (which have three positions)

For the landing lights, you can use the lvar L:C310_SW_LIGHTS_LANDING which excepts 3 values:
    0 - Extends and turns on landing lights
    1 - Turns off landing lights (but does not retract them)
    2 - Retracts landing lights

There are also three presets available: C310R Landing Lights OffC310R Landing Lights ExtendC310R Landing Lights Retract

1 hour ago, Ferota said:

and also the "prime" switch to start each of the two engines

You can use the lvar L:C310_SW_PRIMER, or the 3 provided presets: C310R Primer OffC310R Primer LeftC310R Primer Right

Thank you very, very much, John.

It was my fault for not realizing that there were presets available for the C310. I'll try not to let it happen again ;-)

But now I have another problem. I can't get the Honeycomb Bravo buttons and switches to work to enter flight level, heading, vertical speed or VOR radial in the autopilot. It used to work, using the configuration I have in the FSUIPC. INI attached to this message.

Sorry to be such a klutz, but if you could help me I would appreciate it.

FSUIPC7.ini

I have corrected a few things in your ini (missing joystick for your Alpha due to a change in GUID, substrings for profiles) so please try with the attached, although this may not fix your problem - see later): FSUIPC7.ini

I see you are also still using the hidBravoButtons.lua script. This was previously needed to recognise the button numbers > 31, but FSUIPC7 now (and for 2 years or so) recognises these buttons natively without this script. You should remove this at some point and update your assignments accordingly, assigning to the actual button numbers rather than the virtual button flags.
The same is true of the hidAlphaButtons.lua script, but you don't seem to be using that one anymore.

22 minutes ago, Ferota said:

But now I have another problem. I can't get the Honeycomb Bravo buttons and switches to work to enter flight level, heading, vertical speed or VOR radial in the autopilot. It used to work, using the configuration I have in the FSUIPC. INI attached to this message.

If you get the same issue, please activate logging for Buttons & Keys and Events, and generate a short log file showing your issue, and attach that together with your ini file again.

John

Thanks again, John.

I don't know if I was clear before.

I can correctly configure all the buttons on my Honeycomb Bravo (and on Alpha, too), including the buttons to select the different autopilot modes (HDG, NAV, APP, REV, ALT, VS, IAS), but the left knob to set, with the right knob (incrementing or decrementing), ALT, VS, HDG, CRS and IAS does not work for me (and it used to work for me). Neither of the two knobs, neither the right nor the left, I can configure. When I move the left one, FSUIPC does recognize the different knob positions, but when I move the right one, it does not recognize it, neither to the right nor to the left. 

I repeat, until a few days ago I had all this set up perfectly, both for the Milviz C 310 and the PMDG 737-800, but suddenly it stopped working.

I'm starting to get desperate and frustrated with this situation because I don't understand what could have happened other than upgrading to the latest version of FSUIPC. At least I am not aware of having done anything else differently and with the previous version of FSUIPC everything worked fine for me.

Again, thank you very much in advance. 

It was clear what your issue was - was my response/previous comment not clear?
Your problem can be caused by several things, and so I need to see your log and ini files to determine what the issue is. However, I did notice some issues in the ini you posted, so I corrected those. Therefore you need to try with that updated ini file I attached and then show me your ini and log files with the recommended logging activated.

Looks like I missed a few changes in the last ini (although I would need to review that to confirm). I have corrected the missing device in the attached, so can you please use this for the next test. Please do the same (just one aircraft please), with the same logging and show me your updated ini and log files. Thanks,

John

FSUIPC7.ini

Note also that for the Milviz Cessna 310 profile, you have assignments to both the standard controls AND the presets, e.g.  for Beacon lights you have the following assigned:

0=PA,20,C66239,0     -{TOGGLE_BEACON_LIGHTS}-
1=PA,21,C66239,0     -{TOGGLE_BEACON_LIGHTS}-
104=PA,20,CPC310R_Beacon_Lights__On,0     -{Preset Control}-
105=PA,21,CPC310R_Beacon_Lights_Off,0     -{Preset Control}-

In fact, you have multiple assignments to nearly all buttons. I suggest that you go through your ini and remove these conflicting assignments.

You would normally have all the assignments to the standard controls in your general [Buttons] assignments. These would then be overridden/replaced un a profile section, where something more specific, such as a preset, is needed. You should therefore move all of your standard assignments to the general [Buttons] section, and remove these from all your profile button sections.

You also have the same multiple assignments to some buttons: e.g. magneto in your 310 profile

15=PA,30,C66023,0     -{MAGNETO_OFF}-
16=PA,31,C66025,0     -{MAGNETO_LEFT}-
17=PA,132,C66024,0     -{MAGNETO_RIGHT}-
19=PA,134,C66027,0     -{MAGNETO_START}-
114=PA,31,C66025,0     -{MAGNETO_LEFT}-
115=PA,30,C66023,0     -{MAGNETO_OFF}-
116=PA,132,C66024,0     -{MAGNETO_RIGHT}-
117=PA,133,C66026,0     -{MAGNETO_BOTH}-
118=PA,134,C66027,0     -{MAGNETO_START}-

This may be due to the fact that the GUID of the device changed, and then you re-assigned using the new letter, and so when I corrected this missing device (to restore other lost assignments), you ended up with multiple assignments.

So, I suggest you open your ini in an editor and correct these issues for your button assignments. First, move all general button assignments to your [Buttons] section and out of the profile specific section (they will be inherited in profiles). Then take a look at each profile-specific button section and remove duplicate assignments for buttons.

You should also take this opportunity to remove the use if the hidBravoButtons.lua script. The assignments to P65 should go and be replaced by assignments to the actual button numbers on your Bravo (device C). But better to correct all the other issues before doing this.

John

I have cleaned-up your ini (a bit!) in the attached, if you could try this.
I have removed the use of the hidBravoButtons.lua script - you should delete this, as well as the alpha script, from your installation folder.
I have also moved some assignments, but not as many as I would have liked, to your general [Buttons] section. I have also re-ordered your button assignments on device (letter) and number, and removed duplicates. It should be far easier to see your assignments, and compare the assignments in different profiles. I suggest you also move more common assignments (e.g. standard light controls) to the general [Buttons] section, and just overwrite them if not needed/used in your profile section. I did not do this as you seem to have the lights set-up differently in different profiles.

Anyway, please try the attached. As before, if you are still getting the issue you originally reported, please show me your updated .ini and .log files, with the same logging as before.

John

FSUIPC7.ini

Thank you very much, John.

Now everything is working properly and I have learned a few more things about FSUIPC. 

The only thing that works a bit strange is the right knob on the Bravo, because it goes up and down in pairs, not one at a time. 
Other than that, everything is perfect. 
Thanks again!

4 hours ago, Ferota said:

The only thing that works a bit strange is the right knob on the Bravo, because it goes up and down in pairs, not one at a time. 

That is because you have assigned to both the press and release - I left this as that is how you had it.  If you only want one control sent, remove the assignments to the release, those starting with CU - and in bold below:

6=CP(+C,16)64,0,C65897,0     -{AP_SPD_VAR_DEC}-
7=CU(+C,16)64,0,C65897,0     -{AP_SPD_VAR_DEC}-
8=CP(+C,16)64,1,C1020,0     -{ap spd var dec fast}-
9=CP(+C,16)64,2,C65896,0     -{AP_SPD_VAR_INC}-
10=CU(+C,16)64,2,C65896,0     -{AP_SPD_VAR_INC}-
11=CP(+C,16)64,3,C1021,0     -{ap spd var inc fast}-
12=CP(+C,17)64,0,C65662,0     -{VOR1_OBI_DEC}-
13=CU(+C,17)64,0,C65662,0     -{VOR1_OBI_DEC}-
14=CP(+C,17)64,1,C1026,0     -{vor1 obi dec fast}-
15=CP(+C,17)64,2,C65663,0     -{VOR1_OBI_INC}-
16=CU(+C,17)64,2,C65663,0     -{VOR1_OBI_INC}-
17=CP(+C,17)64,3,C1027,0     -{vor1 obi inc fast}-