The simFlight Network Forums

EMB-110 BANDEIRANTE MSFS - three-position switch (BAT/OFF/EXTERNAL POWER) - problem

Svatopluk

Hello, I bought this plane EMB-110 BANDEIRANTE MSFS. Everything was satisfactory, but now I started to build a homemade cockpit and ran into problems. I'm trying to find a solution to switch the MASTER SWITCH BATTERY using hotkeys using FSUIPC7 and still can't find a solution. It's a three-lever switch. Very strange because all aircraft types in the base version of MSFS can do this, but this aircraft type can't. Could this be caused by the 3 lever switch (BAT/OFF/EXTERNAL POWER)? The same problem is with front wipers - also a three-position switch (ON/OFF/PARK). The question is, is there any way to toggle this switch using a keyboard shortcut with FSUIPC7 please? This type of aircraft is absolutely perfect for me to build a home cockpit and I would very much like to continue building. Thanks for any reply.

You need to first check to see if any lvars are available to control these functions. Try listing the lvars (Add-ons->WASM->List Lvars) and see if any look appropriate. You can then change the control (in the VC) and list the lvars again to see if the value has changed. Once you have found the lvar and the values for each position, try changing the value using the provided facilities (Add-ons->WASM->Set Lvar...).

If there are no lvars (or custom controls), then things get complicated. You will need to look at the xml code for each switch and try to determine how it is controlled. I don't have this aircraft so I can;t really help with this, but take a look at this tutorial: https://www.badcasserole.com/uncovering-input-events-using-the-msfs2020-model-behavior-dialog/

I can see if I can get hold of this aircraft and if so can take a look.

John

For the Battery Master Switch, you can use the lvar EMB110 BATTERY SWITCH POSITION, which takes the values
    2 - Bat
    1 - Off
    0 - External Power (this seems to be momentary, and goes back to the Off position once set)

To use this lvar, add it to a free FSUIPC offset (see the Advanced User Guide on how to do this) for both reading and writing/updating. You can then assign a button or key to set the value to the offset (or inc/dec/cycle the value) using the provided offset controls, and this will then change the value of the lvar.

For the wipers, you can use the lvars EMB110 WIPER L POWER SETTING and EMB110 WIPER R POWER SETTING, which take the values
    0 - Park
    1 - Off
    2 - On

John

Hi John, thank you for your reply. I tried switching to WASM today and it really works 🙂 But I don't understand what to do next 😞 I have the Advanced User Guide open on page 46 (which I think is correct) but I don't quite know how to enter the parameters in FSUIPC7.ini. Or I am doing something wrong? Could you please direct me more specifically please? Thank you very much.

23 minutes ago, Svatopluk said:

I don't quite know how to enter the parameters in FSUIPC7.ini.

Read the section Adding Lvars to Offsets - it is not that complicated, and your use case is verry similar to the example given. As all the lvars you are using hold integers < 255, you can add them all as unsigned bytes, and then use the Offset Byte Set control, giving the offset and value, for your assignments.

You should really be using profiles, so if you have a profile for this aircraft (lets call it 'xxx'), then you would add the following to your FSUIPC7.ini:

[LvarOffsets.xxx]
1=L:EMB110 BATTERY SWITCH POSITION=UB0xA000
2=L:EMB110 WIPER L POWER SETTING=UB0xA001
3=L:EMB110 WIPER R POWER SETTING=UB0xA002

Then assign your button or key to Offset Byte Set using offset A000 for the battery, A001 for the left wiper, and A002 for the right wiper. If you want to control both wipers with one button/key, you can either overload the assignment or assign one to the press and the other to the release.