The simFlight Network Forums

Cycling between custom views

ypaul123

Hi,

I have a register version of fsuipc7 for MSFS.

I was wondering if you could help me assign a joystick button to cycle custom cockpit views (instead of me go shift +1 , shift + 2 etc.)

I could have done so myself, but the keys bindings associated to the cycle next custom view / cycle previous custom view do not work.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Maor

41 minutes ago, ypaul123 said:

but the keys bindings associated to the cycle next custom view / cycle previous custom view do not work.

Do you mean in MSFS to the Load Previous/Next Custom Camera binding (with default keys K and shift+k)? Are these not working then? If they are working, you can assign your button to the key press used there.

Otherwise try logging offset 0x0270 (also maybe 0x026F) and see if that changes when you cycle your views. If so, you can use that.

John

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Do you mean in MSFS to the Load Previous/Next Custom Camera binding (with default keys K and shift+k)? Are these not working then? If they are working, you can assign your button to the key press used there.

Otherwise try logging offset 0x0270 (also maybe 0x026F) and see if that changes when you cycle your views. If so, you can use that.

John

Hello John,

Thanks for responding.

excuse my ignorance, but what does 'logging offset 0x0270' mean ?

13 hours ago, ypaul123 said:

excuse my ignorance, but what does 'logging offset 0x0270' mean ?

Go to Log->Offsets... and log offsets 0x0270 and 0x026F, both as UB and also check Display->Normal Log File. Open the logging console (Log->Open Console) and see what is logged in those offsets when you change your custom views, If you see the values change, you can also write the same values to those offsets and that should change the custom view. I can help with this, but first you need to see if those offsets change, and if so what values are logged for each custom view.

I will also look into this in more detail later.

John

• Like 1

I have checked those offsets and they do not change when using custom views.

There don't seem to be any controls or presets to select or cycle through custom views, so it seems only keys (default is left alt + view number) allow you to change this.
Therefore the only way to assign a cycle custom control to a button would be to implement this in a lua script. If you are not familiar with lua, I could provide you with a basic script that you can customise for your needs.

John

• Like 1

You can use the attached script. Take a look at it and change to set:
    maxNoViews - to the number of custom views you have defined
    joynum - to the joystick number that has the button you want to use
    button - to the button number that you want to use to cycle the views

The script should be auto-ran, e.g. add the following to your FSUIPC7.ini file (or you can use your profile-specific [Auto.xxx] section):

[Auto]
1=Lua cycleCustomViews

See the Advanced User guide for further information on the automatic starting of lua files.

John

cycleCustomViews.lua

• Like 1