The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 Thrust reverser breaks built-in MSFS SIM limitation?

casv

Hello,

I am having issues to use the thrust reverser with Horizon B787-9 using a button on my Honeycomb Bravo. Behavior described on this link 

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/638913-horizon-787-9-v10-released/?do=findComment&comment=5025126

I use these settings just like this

It is working with PMDG 737 for MSFS but not with Asobo/Horizon/Kuro 787 AAU2.

Perhaps you may know why?

Kind regards 

Yes, that is my impression. However I am not sure about the value -4096. I am just using these settings as in the attached picture. Same settings is fine with PMDG 737. I believe Asobo B787-10 and Kuro B787-8 behaves same like the Horizon B787-9 one, since they almost stop when landing on the runway with the thrust reverser handler active. 
I am using of latest FSUIPC v7.3.25.

The throttle handler has reverse handlers but act as a button when dragging them backwards. See link below.

https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/1316706721/boeing-737-thrust-lever-full-set-for-the?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=boeing+737+throttle&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&referrer_page_guid=f73330f6ddd.c55a0b33f5c18965b7b6.00&organic_search_click=1

I have the Bravo and know how it works. Can you please attach your FSUIPC7.ini   file please, rather than images.

I will look into this later, but I suspect that this is an issue with the aircraft - FSUIPC is just sending the Throttle Decr control/event, and it should be up to the aircraft to know when the limit is reached. So I suspect that the underlying issue must be fixed by the aircraft developers, but it may be possible to use a lua script instead, which would stop sending the Throttle Decr control/event once the limit was reached. I will look into this later and get back to you.

John

51 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

I have the Bravo and know how it works. Can you please attach your FSUIPC7.ini   file please, rather than images.

I will look into this later, but I suspect that this is an issue with the aircraft - FSUIPC is just sending the Throttle Decr control/event, and it should be up to the aircraft to know when the limit is reached. So I suspect that the underlying issue must be fixed by the aircraft developers, but it may be possible to use a lua script instead, which would stop sending the Throttle Decr control/event once the limit was reached. I will look into this later and get back to you.

John

Hello John.

FSUIPC7.ini file is attached here.

Thank you.

Kind regards.

FSUIPC7.ini

I can confirm this behavior. The max reverse throttle value is defined by the simvar THROTTLE LOWER LIMIT, held in offset 0x0B00. It seems that this value is correctly set - it is -4095 for the 787-9 (and -6092 for the PMDG 737), but it seems that the aircraft is not respecting this limit. This is a problem with the aircraft, not with FSUIPC7.

However, I can add a fix for this - I can add a new ini parameter (ObeyThrottleLowerLimit) which, when set, would inhibit the sending of a Throttle Decr controls, as well as the individual Throttlen Decr ones, once the lower limit has been reached. I can take a look at this over the weekend and will post and updated version here for you to test.

Regards,

John

Just tested your updated version, looks like that it is working fine. I was on the runway with the parking brake set to on. And the plane does not move backwards with the reverser active. (That was the case prior to this issue). I guess that this version is good now. Thank you.