The simFlight Network Forums

My Planes will simply not fly straight when joystick is idle

ypaul123

Hi,

I used FSUIPC7 (registered version) to calibrate my HOTAS WARTHOG.

This is how the various axes are defined in the axes assignments (in this example, the Elevator axis):

image.thumb.png.37d7ca7e72bfd5820a6be498880cf92d.png

image.thumb.png.7bc44b86a2ecc68a594b494cd23849d3.png

both the aileron and elevator axis are set up with the following slope:

image.png.dade3aaab5d12708dea75aa5717242a2.png

but for the life of me, any plane I have in MSFS will not fly straight even at a clean weather condition.
It will always deviate to the left, even when leaning, and I'm not talking a 2-3 degree bank, I'm talking about a slow but steady left turn towards 30 degrees of bank.

Can someone please help me with this ? I've been struggling with this for a very long time.

Also,  how can I configure the warthog throttle off position to be the reverse thrust position of the throttle ?

Thanks in advance.

Please do not attach images - just attach your FSUIPC7.ini file so that I can see your assignments.
However, if calibrating in FSUIPC, it is (usually) better to assign using 'Send direct to FSUIPC calibration' and not 'Send to FS as normal axis'. But this is nothing to do with your issue.

If you are flying a prop aircraft, then this is normal behavior due to the propeller torque effect and p-factor - see https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/25992/how-come-my-plane-turns-to-left/. You would normally adjust the trim to compensate for this.

5 hours ago, ypaul123 said:

how can I configure the warthog throttle off position to be the reverse thrust position of the throttle ?

If there is a button that is triggered in this off position (which hopefully is the case - you can check in the FSUIPC button assignments window), then reverse thrust is normally achieved by assigning this button press to Throttle Decr on repeat, and to Throttle Cut on release (to stop reverse thrust).

John