The simFlight Network Forums

Profile specific issue

*** Moved from FAQ sub-forum to main support forum ***

Hello everyone,
I'm writing this post because after several days of searching I haven't found a solution to my problem.
I use FSUIPC6 with P3DV5 and Add on 737ng IFly.
My problem is that I can't save the axis calubration and button assignments made on fsuipc. When I try to select a specific profile  or create one, it won't stay active, the box next to profile specific remains empty, no cross and "FSUIPC Options and Settings" message in the top corner still there. I've also checked the FSUIPC6.ini folder and it seems relatively empty (see below) .

Y<SimBase.Document Type= "AddOnXml" version="4.o" id-"add-on">

<AddOn.Name>FSUIPC6</AddOn.Names

«AddOn,Description›Flight Simulator Universal Inter-Process Communication version 6</AddOn.Description›

<AddOn.Component>

<Category>DLL</Category>

<Path›C: \Program Files (×86)\FSUIPC6\FSUIPC6\FUIPC6.dll</Path>

</AddOn. Component>

</SimBase.Document>

Thank you very much for your help 

Romain 

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to main support forum

First you posted in the FAQ sub-forum, where it explicitly states NOT for support requests. Please take care to post in the correct form if you require help.

7 hours ago, rom06580 said:

I use FSUIPC6 with P3DV5 and Add on 737ng IFly.
My problem is that I can't save the axis calubration and button assignments made on fsuipc. When I try to select a specific profile  or create one, it won't stay active, the box next to profile specific remains empty, no cross and "FSUIPC Options and Settings" message in the top corner still there.

Not exactly sure what you mean. The axis and button assignments work in slightly different ways. Once you have created a profile for axes, the profile specific checkbox should be checked and disabled. For button (and key) assignments, the profile specific checkbox will only be automatically checked when you press a button and that button is already in a profile.

I see you have installed under C : \Program Files (×86)\FSUIPC6\FSUIPC6\FUIPC6.dll. This is a bad location due to windows restrictions on this folder which can prevent the settings being saved. Re-install into a non-windows protected folder, such as c::\FSUIPC6 or C:\P3D Add-ons\FSUIPC6..

7 hours ago, rom06580 said:

I've also checked the FSUIPC6.ini folder and it seems relatively empty (see below) .

That is the add-on.xml file, and is in a folder prescribed by P3D so that it can located FSUIPC6 and start it. Your installation folder is currently 😄 \Program Files (×86)\FSUIPC6\FSUIPC6.