The simFlight Network Forums

Registration Key Question

akfreeflyer

Please read the provided documentation - Invalid Key Problems in the Installation and Registration guide,  99.9% of these problems are due to not having the correct VC__ redistributables installed, and 100% of these reported problems are due to not reading the provided documentation...

As for not receiving am email, please see 

John 

John, I went through and checked all of my MSVC stuff and did have to update it. But I still could not register... until I noticed that my anti virus software (McAfee) realtime scan was quarantining the files trying to access my firewall. I turn that off and registered the program. Thank you for your assit. I'm not sure if this has been noted before; and maybe I just missed it, but maybe it should be mentioned somewhere if not already. Thanks again. ak.

I'll add my 2 cents - I think i just went through the same problem as @akfreeflyer , spent about an hour on it trying everything in the troubleshooting guide in case of registration errors with no luck (making my own .key file, uninstalling - reinstalling C++ etc..) but once I saw this post from @akfreeflyer, i tried disabling my mcafee live scan and boom - worked no problem getting registered... would recommend adding this info to the guide ! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 7:25 PM, John Dowson said:

Please read the provided documentation - Invalid Key Problems in the Installation and Registration guide,  99.9% of these problems are due to not having the correct VC__ redistributables installed, and 100% of these reported problems are due to not reading the provided documentation...

As for not receiving am email, please see 

John 

good morning I have a problem with the registration of fsuipc7 when I enter my data and press on register I get the message that the data entered are incorrect, I tried several times but it doesn't work, can you help me please?

Edited by John Dowson
screenshot of key details removed

@Davide You attached a screenshot containing your key details. NEVER share or disclose your key details in a public forum. This invalidates your license. I have removed your screenshot but if you do this again I will invalidate your key.

Did you actually read the provided documentation on this issue, as indicated in my comment you quoted? 

1 hour ago, Davide said:

Yes, I have read but I don't understand what VC__ redistributables installed is and what I should do about it.

But this is clearly explained in the Installation and registration guide:

If your key does NOT validate correctly, and you are sure that you have entered the details EXACTLY as specified in your SimMarket purchase email, then it could be that your Microsoft VC++ redistributables are not up to date. You can download the latest combined redistributable package from the following site:
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist

It is recommended to uninstall any of the 2015, 2017, 2019 or 2022 VC++ redistubutables that you already have installed (using the Windows App management panel), and download and install/run both the x86 andx64 packages from that link.

It has also been reported that anti-virus software can also prevent key/license validation, especially with McAfree anti-virus software, so please also check any anti-virus logs and try installing/registering with antivirus software disabled

What do you not understand about that?