The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4.977 on Win 10

Hello. I had to do a recovery for my Windows 10 and of course, re-install everything. As such, I re-installed FSX and FSUIPC4. I had seen this issue on another Win 10 PC but ignored it. This time, I would like to know what is happening. I assigned accordingly:

[Keys]
2=73,8,x610066C0,x00010009     -{I: Press=offset byte cyclic dec, offset 66C0 (Decr=9, Limit=1) }-
4=79,8,x510066C0,x00010009     -{O: Press=offset byte cyclic inc, offset 66C0 (Incr=9, Limit=1) }-

However, "I" actually increments the value of 66C0 and "O" actually resets 66C0 to 0(zero). I've included the FSUIPC4.ini and FSUIPC4.log

How do I fix this? Thank you.

FSUIPC4.ini FSUIPC4.log

Try logging offset 0x66C0 - this is an offset designated as 'free for general use', so you must have something else writing to that offset. Also activate logging for buttons & keys, and this will show you what is happening when you trigger those key assignments.

Also the limits set in those assignments don't look correct. What values is that offset holding? A lower limit of 1 when decrementing looks ok, but not when incrementing you need to set the upper limit. And you are incrementing and decrementing by 9, which also seems strange...

John 

Hello. Thank you for your reply. I am using logging, that is how I know it that the keys were not working properly. You are correct,, I went through FSUIPC directly, not modifying FSUIPC.ini and in Parameter: I typed 9/1. I corrected this in the FSUIPC.ini and I can now see the Parameter is 1/9. I'll remember this in the future. It's strange, to me, that even though I had selected decrementing for the letter I, that incrementing was counting  up by one, to nine. In any case, the inc/dec function is working properly. Thank you!