Adf1 Radio Swap.

This has generated some texts within FSUIPC7.ini which appear like this:

[Buttons]
PollInterval=25
ButtonRepeat=20,10
2=PB,0,C65668,0     -{ADF_1_DEC}-
3=PB,1,C65650,0     -{ADF_1_INC}-
4=PB,18,C66741,0     -{ADF1_RADIO_SWAP}-

Up to this point, everything works well and the buttons do their job and on the plane's ADF panel, they change without problem.

What I want is to take this information to a variable that could start in 66C0 so that I can read it with the Opencockpits SIOC program to present it on an LCD display

I have created a file called myOffests.txt inside the FSUIPC7 folder and written the following information inside that file:

// offset, size, simvar, type, units [, w]
0x66C0, 1, ADF_1_DEC, Bool, Bool, w
0x66C1, 1, ADF_1_INC, Bool, Bool, w
0x66C2, 1, ADF1_RADIO_SWAP, Bool, Bool, w

But it does not work. I don't know if I need to put some extra information in the FSUIPC7.ini, such as:

[myOffsets]
1=myOffsets

I have programmed many events in SIOC and they work fine, but I cannot get this information that I need. If you can please help me with this project, I would be very grateful.

11 hours ago, P-38L said:

What I want is to take this information to a variable

What information? If you want the ADF information, this is already held in offsets - search the Offset status document for ADF. 

11 hours ago, P-38L said:

I have created a file called myOffests.txt inside the FSUIPC7 folder and written the following information inside that file:

// offset, size, simvar, type, units [, w]
0x66C0, 1, ADF_1_DEC, Bool, Bool, w
0x66C1, 1, ADF_1_INC, Bool, Bool, w
0x66C2, 1, ADF1_RADIO_SWAP, Bool, Bool, w

But it does not work. I don't know if I need to put some extra information in the FSUIPC7.ini, such as:

That will never work... The myOffsets.txt file is for adding simvars (or A-type variables) to offsets. Those are FS events/controls and do not have an associated value.

John

Thanks for your kind reply. I'm still lost.

How can I create a variable in FSUIPC7 so that it can be read through the Opencockpits SIOC through LeoBodnar switches.

For example, the variable 66C0 that detects if a switch was used through LeoBodnar in which it writes a 1 or a 0 and this is read taking the address 66C0 to be used in the Opencockpits SIOC.

Maybe you can show me an example. Thank you so much.

1 hour ago, P-38L said:

How can I create a variable in FSUIPC7 so that it can be read through the Opencockpits SIOC through LeoBodnar switches.

Why do you need to create a variable? You can just write whatever you want to a (free for general use) offset. You can write to offsets using either the provided offset controls or lua. If you want to create a variable, then create an lvar, but I do not understand why you would want to do this. 

1 hour ago, P-38L said:

For example, the variable 66C0 that detects if a switch was used through LeoBodnar in which it writes a 1 or a 0 and this is read taking the address 66C0 to be used in the Opencockpits SIOC.

0x66C0 is an offset, not a variable. Please do not confuse the two. If you want to write 1 to the offset (or maybe toggle between 0 and 1) when a switch/button is pressed, then assign the switch/button/whatever to an offset control, such as Offset Byte Set or Offset Byte Togglebits. You can overload your assignments if needed, so the button/switch can also send other controls/perform some other function as well as changing an offset value.

Please note that I am on holiday now, and will not responding further until January. Please use the provided documentation and these forums - all the information you need is there somewhere, although it can be difficult to find...

John