The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 & Prosim738 issue

Rahul Sharma

Hi Pete and John. A couple of issues that no doubt are an easy fix...but not quite for me.

1. I have a registered copy of your FSUIPC7 for MSFS2020. I also use a licensed copy of Prosim738.  My hardware configuration seems to be running into issues. On my Yoke (Agronn) I am trying to  configure the Elevator Trim Buttons (trim wheel in FSC Motorized TQ). Curiously only the Trim Down works while the Trim Up which is similarly configured does not work (the trim function worked perfectly in FSX). After digging deep I noticed that in the Prosim config page Yoke buttons 4 and 5 are showing up as Trim down and Trim up. But in FSUIPC I see they show up as buttons 4 and 3. Button 4 works perfectly for Trim down but there is a conflict with Trim up buttons 5 and 3. (Prosim and FSUIPC).  So I thought to go to the Options and Settings page in FSUIPC and try and solve this. But I cannot access the Options and Settings page...it is seemingly not available. I cannot see it as part of the drop down column where Axes, Switches & Buttons, Keyboard etc. are selectable. How do I a) Solve the Elevator trim issue and b) how do I access the Options and Settings page in FSUIPC (if there is one as in the previous versions). 

2. I was able to configure my toe brakes to turn off the parking brake in my TQ. The parking brake in the FSC TQ has a switchable solenoid and should be able to work with the Rudder toe brakes. This was working perfectly till I used FSX with the previous version of FSUIPC.  Any and all help here is much appreciated.

3. And finally a question on external lights on the Prosim738. I use a very well put together FWD and AFT Overheads by Simworld. How do I use FSUIPC to get the lights to work in the MSFS Prosim Flight Model? 

Thanks and regards - Rahul (Hong Kong) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2023 at 4:32 PM, Rahul Sharma said:

After digging deep I noticed that in the Prosim config page Yoke buttons 4 and 5 are showing up as Trim down and Trim up. But in FSUIPC I see they show up as buttons 4 and 3. Button 4 works perfectly for Trim down but there is a conflict with Trim up buttons 5 and 3.

FSUIPC numbers buttons from 0, whereas windows (and maybe ProSim) start from 1, so windows buttons 4 & 5 will be buttons 3 & 4.

So I thought to go to the Options and Settings page in FSUIPC and try and solve this. But I cannot access the Options and Settings page...it is seemingly not available. I cannot see it as part of the drop down column where Axes, Switches & Buttons, Keyboard etc. are selectable. How do I a) Solve the Elevator trim issue and b) how do I access the Options and Settings page in FSUIPC (if there is one as in the previous versions). 

Please see the User guide. The interface in FSUIPC7 is slightly different to that of previous versions. The 'Options and Setting' page of previous versions was the main window of FSUIPC, with all the features available under different tabs. Now, each of these tabs is available from a menu item. Please see the documentation.

2. I was able to configure my toe brakes to turn off the parking brake in my TQ. The parking brake in the FSC TQ has a switchable solenoid and should be able to work with the Rudder toe brakes. This was working perfectly till I used FSX with the previous version of FSUIPC.  Any and all help here is much appreciated.

How was this previously set-up? Have you tried configuring the same way?

3. And finally a question on external lights on the Prosim738. I use a very well put together FWD and AFT Overheads by Simworld. How do I use FSUIPC to get the lights to work in the MSFS Prosim Flight Model? 

Sorry, i don't have the ProSim flight model and cannot help with specific assignments for this aircraft. Ty the prosim documentation or the prosim forums.

John