The simFlight Network Forums

Cannot register FSUIPC7

chconesa

Hi,

I had a PC failure recently that forced me to do a full installation of windows 11 plus all of the MSFS files and addons. Basically, I was not able to deregister any of the programs and addons associated with MSFS as well as others.

I have now reinstalled windows and MSFS but when it came the time to install FSUIPC, first I had an issue with the registration. No matter what I did, I caould not register FSUIPC. I tried running as administrator, copy-pasted the registration the registration from simmarket and everytime I got the same error: "registration details for FSUIPC7 not valid - please re-enter and try again. It is recommended to copy/paste your details from your registration email from SimMarket". No matter what I do or how I do it, it always comes back to the same massage. Simmarket tell me that "We performed a your key test and seems everything is OK, validation passed" so I have run out of ideas what to do.

If you are able to give me a hand, I will appreciate it as I am stuck for some of the bindings that I make use with FSUIPC.

In case it is relevant, MSFS is installed in my C drive but the community folder is installed in the D drive, just like FSUIPC. I am not running any anti-virus software other than windows defender. Also, at running time the first time (as unregisterted) I got the message that "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. I resolved that issue by installing: "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015".

Await your comments and assistance, please.

Christian Conesa.

InstallFSUIPC7.log

Hi Christian,

You've probably read that John is currently on vacation.

Please read the provided documentation - Invalid Key Problems in the Installation and Registration guide,  99.9% of these problems are due to not having the correct VC__ redistributables installed, and 100% of these reported problems are due to not reading the provided documentation...

Regards,
Volker

Thank you for your reply, Volker. Yes, I was aware that the Dawsons were on holidays, but a message was warranted, nonetheless.

I did install all of the latest visual C+ files after I noticed the first installation error but there is no mention of having to install these as a pre-requisite and there is no mention of it at installation stage of FSUIPC. There is, however, a mention of these files at the installation problems section. If one carries out a fresh windows install, Visual C+ files are not installed by default.

I have since my message, resolved the problem in the strangest of ways. I am located in Bolivia and what I did was to use a VPN to locate me in the US, and guess what?, it registered with no issues, and that is all I did. I did not realise that FSUIPC was location tagged and that Bolivia was restricted. Very odd. Maybe at the end of John's holiday he can look it up and let me know what he thinks of it.

All the best for the Christmas season.

Christian C.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2023 at 4:04 PM, chconesa said:

I am located in Bolivia and what I did was to use a VPN to locate me in the US, and guess what?, it registered with no issues, and that is all I did. I did not realise that FSUIPC was location tagged and that Bolivia was restricted. Very odd. Maybe at the end of John's holiday he can look it up and let me know what he thinks of it.

There is no location tagging in FSUIPC - something else must be going on....
Registration issues are nearly all due to either not having the correct VC++ redistributables installed, or by anti-virus software.

On 12/21/2023 at 11:05 PM, chconesa said:

I resolved that issue by installing: "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015".

You need to install the combined redistributable package, as specified in the documentation, which includes 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2022.