The simFlight Network Forums

Not Satisfied

I really am sorry to write this... 

I am very dissatisfied with FCR v5. Let me list some of the problems I have encountered:

• the manual is very clumsy and not always easy or logical to understand.
  • the interface is not very comfortable - which one do I use? The one from the inflight toolbar or the FCR5 panel that opens outside of the game.
  • loading a recording seems to take a long time before any other aircraft appear in sim.
  • I can only use identical aircraft to the one recorded in the original recording. There is no option to load up different liveries.
  • despite using offset values, I often get "play as AI" aircraft directly over the recording. The offset values are in NM - can we have metres please? 15 metres at the start point is easier to understand than some unit of nautical miles.
  • if I do get a multi aircraft flight going, I don't seem to be able to record it.
  • the software does not work with certain non-asobo aircraft, the SF260 leaves a rainbow coloured smoke trail for instance.
  • I have experienced several msfs crashes to black screen.

There used to be a recorder in FSX - anyone remember? It was very intuitive. Record, save, load recording #1, add another aircraft with different livery, play, record the new flight as a two-ship... repeat. I was able to fly along with myself in as many as 7 different liveries. Actually it was called FS recorder and first available in FS2004

Flying 5 copies of exactly the same livery is simply not realistic - at the very least you need to allow different registrations. Just think of real life - there is no possible way you would ever see groups of aircraft with the same registration codes. Unless the fictional pilot is maybe a criminal mastermind with some smuggling needs. 😉 

Most of all, it was easy to use and did not need 40+ pages of manual. 

Still, I paid for this software, so I will persevere. 

Hi !

Thank you for your precious comments !

i try answer below :

• the manual is very clumsy and not always easy or logical to understand. - In the future i hope revamp a little bit 😉
  • the interface is not very comfortable - which one do I use? The one from the inflight toolbar or the FCR5 panel that opens outside of the game. I think with all features inside could be useful have this Interface .... 
  • loading a recording seems to take a long time before any other aircraft appear in sim.... - i never experienced this 
  • I can only use identical aircraft to the one recorded in the original recording. There is no option to load up different liveries. - This is not FCR fault , but MSFS cannot permit change aircraft from external addon, please , load a replay and after change plane using ChangePlane from DevToolbar
  • despite using offset values, I often get "play as AI" aircraft directly over the recording. The offset values are in NM - can we have metres please? 15 metres at the start point is easier to understand than some unit of nautical miles.- Yes this could be developed in next update
  • if I do get a multi aircraft flight going, I don't seem to be able to record it.
  • the software does not work with certain non-asobo aircraft, the SF260 leaves a rainbow coloured smoke trail for instance. Position and standard replay position works for all planes, the things that are not guarantee are all Lvars from 3rd party addons (because every company use custom lvars)
  • I have experienced several msfs crashes to black screen. - MSFS issue not FCR