The simFlight Network Forums

Cockpit view sliding downward in P3D v5 and 6 with FSUIPC and Honeycomb Alpha yoke.

When P3D 5 or 6 opens with the default aircraft, the normal vr cockpit view slowly slides downward, as if the eyepoint is being lowered, and keeps going until it is basically on the runway below the aircraft.  I have tried removing all assignments from FSUIPC since at first I thought that the eyepoint views I had assigned there might be causing the problem, but that has not solved the problem.  If I deactivate FSUIPC the problem stops.  This has only happened since I recently installed the Honeycomb Alpha yoke.  Prior to that I was using a CH Eclipse yoke with no problems.  I also have the Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant attached, as well as the Saitek multipanel and switch panel.  I've attached the three files you requested, and I have searched extensively for this problem but have not been able to find anything.  Thanks.

FSUIPC6.JoyScan.csv FSUIPC6.log FSUIPC6.ini

You have this assignment on your alpha yoke that could be causing this issue:

6=R2,12,C66525,0     -{EYEPOINT_DOWN}-
8=R2,13,C66527,0     -{EYEPOINT_LEFT}-

Buttons 12 and 13 are the master alternator switch on/off positions, so you will either be continually moving the eyepoint either down or left, depending on the position of that switch. Remove those assignments.

John

That worked!  Thanks so much John.... this was really driving me nuts.  Puzzled as to why eyepoint change was assigned to that switch.  I don't think I did it, but who knows?  In any event, thanks again.

-Ed