The simFlight Network Forums

737 Fuel Cutoff (MobiFlight?) Device Not Recognized

njoyzrd

*** Moved from main support forum to FSUIPC7 support sub-forum ***

I recently purchased a fuel cutoff switch device for the 737. I read a similar thread that offered support on the configuration, but my issue is that I can't get FSUIPC7 (7.4.2) to recognize that the device exists.  Windows Device Manager sees it as USB Serial Device (COM9).  If I open MobiFlight Modules, it can see it as a MobiFlight Micro on COM9.  In FSUIPC7, I can see and configure buttons on my Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo as well as my rudder pedals.  Just not this new device.  The vendor told me it was designed to be used with FSUIPC and sent the link to this post.   I'm striking out and hoping to get a little advice.  Thanks!!

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to FSUIPC7 support forum

First you posted un the main support forum - please use the FSUIPC7 subforum for all issues/questions on using FSUIPC7. I have moved you post.

If this is a COM USB device, I am not sure if this will be recognised as a standard USB joystick type device. Could you please attach your FSUIPC7,ini. FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.JoyScan,csv files and I will take a look.

14 hours ago, njoyzrd said:

The vendor told me it was designed to be used with FSUIPC and sent the link to this post.

Then better to ask the vendor how you can get this device recognised by FSUIPC7. Maybe there are additional drivers or software that you need to install?

I've reviewed the 3 requested files and I've noted that FSUIPC is not discovering the USB serial device despite it being the same device that the other person posted about above.  The vendor actually sends me to his forum post for instructions on how to configure.  🙄

I have been and will continue to work with the vendor too.  It's been on ongoing challenge so I'm trying to keep checking other places.  Thanks for your help!

FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.JoyScan.csv

For future reference, please only attach files (.log files especially) once you have exited FSUIPC7.

FSUIPC7 see's no sign of your device. I'm afraid that there is nothing I can do - you will need help from the vendor with this issue.

John

One last thing you could try is running the HidScanner program (available from the Download Links -> Useful additional programs section of this forum) and send me the output. If that recognises your device, then you could use a lua script (HidDemo.lua, available in the Example Lua scripts package) to convert your buttons/axes to virtual ones. But I still think you would be better off getting a solution for your issue from the vendor.

Please update if you solve your issue.

John

I did try your HidScanner before making my original post.  It did not see the device either.  I even tried manually adding it to FSUIPC by putting its GUID into the FSUIPC7.ini config.  I am working on reaching the vendor to see what additional support they can provide.  Thanks for verifying that it's nothing on the FSUIPC side.

1 hour ago, njoyzrd said:

I even tried manually adding it to FSUIPC by putting its GUID into the FSUIPC7.ini config. 

You can't do that...it seems that your device is not recognised, and no manual editing can fix this.

1 hour ago, njoyzrd said:

I am working on reaching the vendor to see what additional support they can provide.

Ok. Please update if/when you find a solution.

Maybe try a different cable though. There have been previous support issues with serial-to-hid devices due to poor quality cables.

I got a hold of the vendor... they forgot to send me the software.  They gave me code to make the Arduino board appear as a joystick with 2 buttons.  Works like a charm now with your FSUIPC software.  Thanks!